Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adams Must Go
I will probably be slaughtered for this but the recent performances have just not been good enough. We have drawn one game in 6 we are 11th in the league after today and performances from some of the players are disgraceful. A new manager may bring something different to county and this time would be the the best as the manager would have time with the team and chances to sort things out in January.

You may doubt if I am a true supporter. I am a Staggie till I die but after listening to other people in the Jailend today it was clear some other people thought Adams time was up.

That's a great idea! I wonder if Jimmy Calderwood is available? Failing that, Scott Leitch is surely worth another crack.

Wise up.

It's too easy to say that someone else might come in and improve things. Derek Adams might have a couple of new players in four weeks and they might improve things. I don't think anyone else could come in and do a better job in the medium term.

The current form is very concerning, but the club can only go downhill from here with a lack of stability.

DA signed a big contract extension only this year. There's no way he's going anywhere.

"I know I will probably be slaughtered..."

When you start a post with that, you are accepting that you are wrong. And you are. Derek Adams is an outstanding manager. What we are witnessing is called regression to the mean. I'd happily give Adams a ten year contract.... he's an outstanding manager, and sacking him would be insane.

Sacking the manager is not the answer, we need to do some clever business in January, and maybe, just maybe Roy will have to put his money where his mouth is.....buy a decent striker!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Calm your jets loon. The Adams family has been good. Granted a bad patch but sacking is not the answer. January we get a big name striker.
Remember mcstay

Well what is Adams excuse for the performance today. Luckassen is just not good enough. Glen is miles better.

(12-07-2013, 08:11 PM)RoyalStaggie Wrote: Well what is Adams excuse for the performance today. Luckassen is just not good enough. Glen is miles better.

Just on good enough? Luckassen is 19, about a foot taller than Glen and pretty much our only option for playing in that formation. He's on a three year deal - that says precisely how highly the club rate him. I tend to trust George Adams on such matters.

It would appear that Adam's thinks he's on his way out, seeing as he's been lining up new jobs already!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=1&theater
(Insert humorous quip here)

(12-07-2013, 07:53 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Sacking the manager is not the answer, we need to do some clever business in January, and maybe, just maybe Roy will have to put his money where his mouth is.....buy a decent striker!!

Roy says money is there Dereck says club cannot afford,contradiction here
A question if Motherwell beat us next week,what should we do,keep accepting
This,or call f or. Heart to heart with county boss,allow him tell us his thoughts,
Today we had 55 0/0 of play,I thought glen and Ross made a difference when the came on.
The first goal for Kilmarnock was sloppy defending again,but watching brown hme should have at least Mande an effort,instead he was already coming out looking to blame people,
It is only my opinion but county apart from being powderpuff today,were slightly better without our captain,my hope is we can turn it round in January.
Funny someone did say. Aye get jimmy Calderwood back to get us out of this mess
[Comment removed by Admin]
The players dug themselves out of a hole themn hopefully they can do it again,but I would expect Ketts Boyd Quinn will quit,having had enough

(12-07-2013, 08:11 PM)RoyalStaggie Wrote: Well what is Adams excuse for the performance today. Luckassen is just not good enough. Glen is miles better.

Must agree,we looked better when ross and glen came on,Mustafi none event

You can't just say whatever you want on the internet, Gagigagi.

I'm no fan of Calderwood - he walked around looking down upon the club and giving the general air of being above it all, but you can't just post things about the guy with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I'll be glad when the mathematical probability returns to normal and this madness passes over. The forum's gone to Bedlam at this moment.

(12-07-2013, 08:14 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:

Just on good enough? Luckassen is 19, about a foot taller than Glen and pretty much our only option for playing in that formation. He's on a three year deal - that says precisely how highly the club rate him. I tend to trust George Adams on such matters.

Aye we will cheer them on in division one next season,that gives luck assent another two years,to try and get back up. !!!kidding guys I sincerely hope we pick up.
But getting very concerned nowi

DA has been excellent for the club. Nothing runs 100% smoothly and overall I have to ask just where we would be without him?

Languishing mid table in the Championship that's where and realistically that's where we should be given population/financial clout etc.

He has played a huge part in getting us where we are and we have to view this as the slump that it is.

Sure, he has invested in a few lemons recently but he'll learn from that.

I must say, if Oiko and Hainault had been there today the result would have been much different IMO.

If he's given the chance and support from all of us I think he will pull a few more quality signings come January and the results will start to come again.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Ok, we are in trouble. Ok, Adams made some bad signings. Ok, we may end up in the first division next term. In saying all that, getting rid of Adams is not the answer.

After the game today i heard a couple of fans talking about dropping down to the Championship and consolidating before returning to the Premiership.....If we go down i don't think we'll be able to return we'd have to play teams like Hearts, Dundee, Falkirk and The Rory Bremners for a few seasons and i don't think we'd have a strong enough team to compete!!
As for Del boy keep the faith and we'll be ok

(12-07-2013, 08:25 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Languishing mid table in the Championship that's where and realistically that's where we should be given population/financial clout etc.

I have always thought that Elgin are the closest comparable for Ross County, in terms of population and geographical location. So I would say third or fourth tier are our natural levels. That we are in the top tier is down to Roy, George and Derek. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Long may it continue.

I have no doubt we'll bring in recruits in January, my main concern is the current crop of players look deflated and are struggling for form, only Adams and Co can fix this and he should be given time to turn this around - he deserves that at least given where he has taken us to date!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

We have a manager that has proved himself successful. I've come to county late and have really enjoyed the last few years. I don't always agree with DA or his decisions and don't think he knows how to change a game. But for me he has earned the right to lead the team and I personally will stink with him until the end of the season at least.

(12-07-2013, 10:08 PM)Wicky Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 08:25 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Languishing mid table in the Championship that's where and realistically that's where we should be given population/financial clout etc.

I have always thought that Elgin are the closest comparable for Ross County, in terms of population and geographical location. So I would say third or fourth tier are our natural levels. That we are in the top tier is down to Roy, George and Derek. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Long may it continue.

Ross county the support come from al over Easter and Wester ross and black isle, plus inverness shire,sad the support has tapered off,
Also not nice west stand booing as team left the field today

Trust me the Ross County board will never employ Jimmy Calderwood again - he used to come up on a Thursday evening and leave again on the Saturday night.

I think Derek Adams should be given more time as I think our failings this season have been due to our poor signings rather than bad management.

We have absolutely nothing up front . It says it all when our main striker hasn't scored yet. Luckassen is dire and needs a loan spell in the lower divisions before he is anywhere ready for the first team. Gary Glen is our best option up top and should be starting next Saturday.