Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Highland Derby January 1st - Tickets
A few weeks away yet, but tickets on sale tomorrow to season ticket holders.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...-1500.aspx

When's the date going to be set for the effin abandoned match?

(12-04-2013, 04:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: When's the date going to be set for the effin abandoned match?

Since we got the St Mirren game replayed during the international break I can't see the reply happen until after Jan, not too sure if that's a set fast rule but that's when the future rounds of the cup happens and hopefully we can fix a date for one of those Saturdays....it would of course require Caley to lose however so it's just a case of wait and see.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

I would have been at this game on any other date. First time I've missed a derby match in years. Family committments means I will miss it. What's worse I will have to sit at the same table as Caley supporters!!! Does anybody else think this is a stupid day to have game?

Not in the least. A tradition of having New Year games in Scotland going back over a hundred years.

Monday is a stupid day to play football. New Year's Day, especially in Scotland, is not.

Hopefully there will be some supporters club or RCFC buses arranged for this.
Public transport zero, taxi's double-fare, and I certainly wont be driving..

I haven't missed a derby this side of the millenia but 3pm on New Years Day in Inverness? I'll be missing this one.

I can see this won't suit a lot of people and expect a lower than normal turnout. As long as I can remember we've always shifted our New Year derbies to the 2nd for this very reason. New Years Day football is more suited to city derbies, where better public transport or the ability to saunter along still rough from the night before is easier to do. Doing it in the Highlands simply means many would have to change plans or hold back the night before.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

There's probably a good chance that weather intervenes, I suppose.

Can't see me being at this game as i'll still be celebrating Hogmany with my family and none of us will be fit to drive until the 3rd or 4th!!

3pm on New Year's Day, in Inverness, with no public transport? Haud me back.

3pm New Years Day? The boys in blue will have a field day. (and I aint talking about our prolific strikers)

Glad to see some support for my comment after BB's initial response. Nothing usually stops our supporters travelling to that terrible place but I'm afraid that the date and time of this one might just do that.

(12-04-2013, 05:46 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Not in the least. A tradition of having New Year games in Scotland going back over a hundred years.

Monday is a stupid day to play football. New Year's Day, especially in Scotland, is not.

So traditional that County haven't had a game scheduled for New Year's Day during the following seasons (I've not been able to find info for 08/09 or 02/03 but I imagine they follow the trend):

12/13
11/12
10/11
09/10
07/08
06/07
05/06
04/05
03/04
01/02
00/01
99/00

I could go on but you get the picture. Since joining the senior leagues, County have never had a fixture scheduled for New Year's Day.

Tradition is a totally pointless thing in football, really. Bitch and moan about TV companies changing kick-off times and dates but if "tradition" gets in the way then that's okay.

(12-05-2013, 12:04 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: So traditional that County haven't had a game scheduled for New Year's Day during the following seasons (I've not been able to find info for 08/09 or 02/03 but I imagine they follow the trend):

12/13
11/12
10/11
09/10
07/08
06/07
05/06
04/05
03/04
01/02
00/01
99/00

I could go on but you get the picture. Since joining the senior leagues, County have never had a fixture scheduled for New Year's Day.

Tradition is a totally pointless thing in football, really. Bitch and moan about TV companies changing kick-off times and dates but if "tradition" gets in the way then that's okay.

2nd January 2009, home game postponed v St. Johnstone
1st January 2003, away game postponed v ICT.

So yeah, only one New Years Day scheduled game, and it was cancelled anyway. Some tradition.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Good move regarding supporters buses!

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...buses.aspx

I will be going, the fact its the 1st doesn't bother me at all.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

I think it is stuped that we have a game on the 1st or 2nd as there is no public transport and a lot of people wont be fit to drive but on a nother note it is good of the club to put busses on I think the game will get called off

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun it is to beat
the Tinks on new years day.

[censored version]

Careful everyone as I think you are all starting to sound like the Tinks.

Bitching about the transport, I know lets see if the SPFL will help us organise transport.

Remember 2010 when 8,000 travelled to Himden for SF then 20,000 for the Final, no help we will always travel and Support our team.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

(12-05-2013, 11:11 PM)Applecross Staggie Wrote: Careful everyone as I think you are all starting to sound like the Tinks.

Bitching about the transport, I know lets see if the SPFL will help us organise transport.

Remember 2010 when 8,000 travelled to Himden for SF then 20,000 for the Final, no help we will always travel and Support our team.

Good post Applecross.
Scottish Cup semi-final 2010, what time was hat kick off?
Aye the Whingeing CALEY T>>>>S, if they were true supporters they get on their bikes and get to Edinburgh.
Nah, seriously, it is a stupid time for kick off, 1215 on a Sunday.
Having said that, did Celtic not have to play in Dingwall at 1215 one Sunday?
The T>>>>S will not call of the New Year’s Day game; they are going well, should have no reason to call it off.
Did they call off a New Year’s day game against County,were they struggling with injuries and suspensions ?
County won the rescheduled game 5-1, brilliant performance.