Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Killie (Six point crunch game)
After a poor performance against Hibs we need to dust ourselves down and realise Saturday is a far bigger game in the context of the season, Both teams are low in confidence and we need to go into this game and make a fast start.

Crowd - we need to get decent numbers to GES and get behind the guys from the 1st minute. Hopefully they can regroup over the coming week.

One thing I do fancy is playing Mustafi up front. Worth a go surely.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Maatsen - Klok - Ketts - Carey

De Leeuw

Mustafi

What I would go for.
The defence picks itself after the injuries.

Maybe, with all the injuries, we'll see one of these much talked-about "joung-sters" get a game (it may be a soft J, pronounced young-sters)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(12-01-2013, 08:38 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Maatsen - Klok - Ketts - Carey

De Leeuw

Mustafi

What I would go for.
The defence picks itself after the injuries.

Would need to be one hell of a defence with that in front of it, the right side would be targeted from the get go.

If we end up without Micic, Saunders, Brittain and Quinn - would go with the following:

--------------------------Brown-----------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
Kovacevic--------MacLean----Boyd----------Gordon
Maatsen----------Klok---------Kettlewell-----Carey
-----------------------De Leeuw----------------------
-----------------------Luckassen---------------------

Other options: Cooper in place of Maatsen, and Mustafi or Ross instead of Luckassen….?

Bench will be interesting as we are getting pretty thin on the ground for players - depends on how bad the injuries are to Quinn, Saunders, Micic…..?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

A match between two poor out of form teams each nursing cup exit hangovers.

That said, despite their victory down there, Killie are the worst team in the league and if we lose on Saturday I will be seriously worried about the play off spot looming. A draw would not be a disaster provided it was on the back of an organised and committed performance.

My biggest fear is that the difference between the teams may be that they have a forward begining to find some form and we don't.

Let's hope Gordon recovers in time as we're looking a little short in defence!

I'm assuming Saunders, Quinn and Micic will all be out.

If so then I'd go with the following team

-------------- Brown --------------
Kovacevic -- McLen -- Boyd -- Gordon
Ross -- Kettlewell -- Klok -- Carey
--------------De Leeuw ------------
-------------- Glen ----------------

Agree with capital stag though, it's probably the biggest game of the season so far! It's al very well fans turning out for Derby games, or when Aberdeen or Celtic visit, but this is the sort of game where we really need the fans to turn up, and to get right behind the team!

16,000 County diehards have been posted missing after the Cup Final three years ago, surely they cant all be shopping with their wives on a Saturday.

(12-01-2013, 09:53 PM)kenthehood Wrote: 16,000 County diehards have been posted missing after the Cup Final three years ago, surely they all be shopping with their wives on a Saturday.

If the product was anywhere near as good as three years ago perhaps many would still turn up. It is not worth the money at the moment.

(12-01-2013, 11:18 PM)Boff Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 09:53 PM)kenthehood Wrote: 16,000 County diehards have been posted missing after the Cup Final three years ago, surely they all be shopping with their wives on a Saturday.

If the product was anywhere near as good as three years ago perhaps many would still turn up. It is not worth the money at the moment.

Is that County, The Premier league or the fact we are now a small fish in a large pond? and winning games is more difficult.

(12-01-2013, 11:28 PM)kenthehood Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 11:18 PM)Boff Wrote: If the product was anywhere near as good as three years ago perhaps many would still turn up. It is not worth the money at the moment.

Is that County, The Premier league or the fact we are now a small fish in a large pond? and winning games is more difficult.

All three I suppose. If county were worth watching, the premier league was worth watching and we were an average fish in the pond it may be more attractive.

Bit of a vicious circle. Fewer folk turn up=less income. Less income=smaller budget. This in turn effects the managers ability to sign players. This has a knock on effect on the pitch and we don't do so well. Not doing well means fewer folk turn up and so it goes on.

Our biggest problem is we are a small team from a small town with a small support. We don't have 16,000+ turning up every week. Imagine if we did have they level of income stream? Sadly we don't.

As for the game just be as vocal as you can and support the team.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-01-2013, 11:49 PM)Ed Wrote: Bit of a vicious circle. Fewer folk turn up=less income. Less income=smaller budget. This in turn effects the managers ability to sign players. This has a knock on effect on the pitch and we don't do so well. Not doing well means fewer folk turn up and so it goes on.

Our biggest problem is we are a small team from a small town with a small support. We don't have 16,000+ turning up every week. Imagine if we did have they level of income stream? Sadly we don't.

If 16000 turned up......where would we sit them???
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(12-02-2013, 03:26 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 11:49 PM)Ed Wrote: Bit of a vicious circle. Fewer folk turn up=less income. Less income=smaller budget. This in turn effects the managers ability to sign players. This has a knock on effect on the pitch and we don't do so well. Not doing well means fewer folk turn up and so it goes on.

If 16000 turned up......where would we sit them???
Might be prepared to have one on my knee depending on looks and gender...

(12-01-2013, 11:18 PM)Boff Wrote:

hate it when football is referred to as a product

(12-01-2013, 09:40 PM)thejailender Wrote: Let's hope Gordon recovers in time as we're looking a little short in defence!

Agree with capital stag though, it's probably the biggest game of the season so far! It's al very well fans turning out for Derby games, or when Aberdeen or Celtic visit, but this is the sort of game where we really need the fans to turn up, and to get right behind the team!

That line up for me as well, both Klok & Ketts (I think Klok will need Ketts experiance beside him) under instructions to sit in front of the defence and let the rest play in Killmarnocks face 4 2 3 1 pass the ball and keep it tight.

(12-02-2013, 04:05 PM)tj_STAGS Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 11:18 PM)Boff Wrote: If the product was anywhere near as good as three years ago perhaps many would still turn up. It is not worth the money at the moment.

You pay twenty five quid a pop every time you go. It had better bloody well be a product. The fact that so many people forget that is why so many fans are leaving the game in droves.

Edit: depending on fitness, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carey get another run out at left back. It's not ideal, especially if De Leeuw is in front of him, but he may be the only choice. Better that than Brian McLean out there.

(12-02-2013, 04:05 PM)tj_STAGS Wrote:

Our crowds are down but not as bad as our neighbours who's crowd on Sat. was so low that they were to embarrassed to publish the figure.

Come the end of the season our av. attendance will be higher.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

MUST WIN GAME!!

[quote='thejailender' pid='30663' dateline='1385930434']
Let's hope Gordon recovers in time as we're looking a little short in defence!

Whilst I do think that Mustafi must eventually be worth a game or two while he's still here, I really believe that a front two of Ross and Glen would give Killie loads of trouble, in terms of their combined energy and commitment, in what is a 6-pointer..

I'd go with:

----------------Brown-----------------
Kovacevik---Boyd---MacLean---Carey
Maatsen--Kettlewell--Klok--De Leeuw
-----------Ross------Glen-------------