Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A RANT
Ok, enough is enough. After that pathetic performance against Hibs we are now out of the cup. I know some of you wont agree with what I have to say, but we were rank rotten today, and have been all season. There have been occasional glimmers of hope, but for the best part we have been shocking.

1. New Signings
Carey and De Leuuw are the only 2 lads that deserve to stay at the club, the rest of the summer signings are so mediocre its unreal. There is an argument for Saunders, but the others are not up to much. Too many risks taken during the close season signing cheap players, who have nothing to give.

2. Quinn & Brittain
Are in terrible, terrible form and cant hold the ball for 2 minutes let alone pick a pass. What has happened to these boys, they are so deep and so anonymous in games that its like they are not there. Either play a holding midfielder, or drop Brittain - Lawson he aint.

3. Our Manager
Has gone down hugely in my opinion of him by ordering Saunders back onto the field today after the player, the physio and another player all indicated he was done. Not only was it incredible naïve, it could have scuppered a young players whole season.

I also have serious doubts over his team selection. I don't think he a has a clue what his best 11 is. The blame cannot fall entirely on the players.

4. Our support
I'm fed up with people on here saying things will click, and lets get behind our team... etc. I turn up every home game, and shout and clap and occasionally swear. The reason our stadium is so quiet is because we are pish! Success breeds noise, and right now the way we are playing we deserve to be playing in silence.

Hibs were there for the taking today, and we couldn't even offer a shot on target. Pathetic.

Careful the happy clappers are coming for you you better hide.

" I don't care about cup"

" Remember the bad old days"

" We are only a small town team in the Highlands"
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(11-30-2013, 08:36 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: Careful the happy clappers are coming for you you better hide.

" I don't care about cup"

" Remember the bad old days"

" We are only a small town team in the Highlands"

Happy clapper or doom mongrel? I know what one I'd rather be, but what we're talking about is either trying to see positives and support the team or concentrating on the failings, we have a manager and a squad and I'd rather support them.

I don't think anyone can complain about your rant - seriously disappointed with our season so far and I don't see things getting any better anytime soon. We are failing in so many departments this season it's flabbergasting to watch!

I think it's time up for so of these players and I wouldn't be surprised to see more go in January - big decision required in January from Roy, Derek and George - where do we go from here, I have no idea!

I'm normally quite a positive person on here, but I'm starting to struggle to defend some of these results!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

We all support the team or we wouldn't be on this forum some fans find it easier than others to accept our lot.

Always amazes me how a positive spin is put on phish poor performances maybe I am a dark personality but seriously that was dire.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(11-30-2013, 08:53 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: We all support the team or we wouldn't be on this forum some fans find it easier than others to accept our lot.

Always amazes me how a positive spin is put on phish poor performances maybe I am a dark personality but seriously that was dire.

It's not a matter of accepting our lot, nobody has said this is a great season, but it's about looking at positives and building on it. I see positives, and recognise the need for improvement but we lost by one goal to a top six team with a new manager today, not a disaster. The team who took two of our best players lost by the same margin to a division two team.

If you're excluding Saunders from the "New Signings" then surely you'd need to exclude Klok too.

I'm not going to push the panic button yet, but my finger is largely pointing at the manager. He looks short on ideas and is failing to get the best out of any of these players.

Special mention to Brian McLean though. I'd rather bring back Keddie than continue playing McLean.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(11-30-2013, 09:02 PM)staggie52 Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 08:53 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: We all support the team or we wouldn't be on this forum some fans find it easier than others to accept our lot.

It's not a matter of accepting our lot, nobody has said this is a great season, but it's about looking at positives and building on it. I see positives, and recognise the need for improvement but we lost by one goal to a top six team with a new manager today, not a disaster. The team who took two of our best players lost by the same margin to a division two team.
You see positives - help me, list them.

And now we will throw more money at trying to bring in new faces in January than we would have spent in retaining the services of many who left at the end of last season.

(11-30-2013, 09:55 PM)number8 Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 09:02 PM)staggie52 Wrote: It's not a matter of accepting our lot, nobody has said this is a great season, but it's about looking at positives and building on it. I see positives, and recognise the need for improvement but we lost by one goal to a top six team with a new manager today, not a disaster. The team who took two of our best players lost by the same margin to a division two team.
You see positives - help me, list them.

De Leeuw, Mcic, Carey, Saunders are new to the team but all are settling in as they get game time. De Leeuw in particular has had enough time to show his qualities, Carey much the same, the other two need more time but have looked god to date.

Luckassen is a great target man, his problem is the lack of back-up, he can hold the ball with three players round him but needs somebody to lay it off to. His header today under pressure showed what he could do with good service, young but improving.

The defence was a shambles until recently, while not perfect they're beginning to gel. Fewer mistakes and more understanding.

Our difficulty is what I thought would be our mainstay pre-season - central midfield. Quinn and Brittain underperforming, De Leeuw looking good behind the target man but being sent out wide to compensate.

I think that the problem lies in our constant hoofing the ball from defence,immediately giving possession to the opposition and the midfield having to fight to win it back. On at least two occasions today, Brown could easily have given the ball out to the full backs who had made acres of space but he booted the ball upfield and possession was lost. Last season that would not have happened, our midfield would receive the ball going forward, releasing a wide player or slipping the ball through to the strikers who usually laid it back for Brittain, Quinn, Vigurs, or Lawson to have a go.The style we play now seldom allows for this to happen. At least give building from the back a chance as the present way is not working.

Surely there is a happy medium between being a doom monger and a happy clapper.

There is no doubt that this season has been disappointing so far with more negatives than positives.

The cups have been particularly disappointing going out of one against inferior part time opposition and today losing our uneaten home record against Hibs going down fairly tamely against a side a seemed better organised and, frankly, better motivated.

That said, cup upsets happen, just ask the Motherwell fans who feel humiliated today. Over the years we have perpetrated more cup upsets than we have been the victims of.

Over the last year and a half we have spent a seven figure sum on upgrading the stadium, relaying the pitch (twice) and now fixing the electricity supply. We have lost half a dozen prominent players from last season without adaquate replacements yet still we are competitive.

This was always going to be a season of transition and it's clear that DA has got a number of these things wrong but he is astute enough to learn from these mistakes.

Remember, for the first time in our entire history we are in with the elite of the land. Last season was extraordinary and has maybe led to unrealistic expectations for this.

If at the end of this season we are not relegated even by the play offs and the team is on an upward curve and prepared to consolidate next season surely that can't be viewed as failure.

Nevertheless, it would have been nice to stay in a cup competition for more than 90 minutes.

There was a distinct lack of this type of thread this time last season. We're only 4 points worse off.

I'm not really the happy clapping type but I like using perspective at times.

(11-30-2013, 10:10 PM)staggie52 Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 09:55 PM)number8 Wrote: You see positives - help me, list them.

De Leeuw, Mcic, Carey, Saunders are new to the team but all are settling in as they get game time. De Leeuw in particular has had enough time to show his qualities, Carey much the same, the other two need more time but have looked god to date.

Luckassen is a great target man, his problem is the lack of back-up, he can hold the ball with three players round him but needs somebody to lay it off to. His header today under pressure showed what he could do with good service, young but improving.

The defence was a shambles until recently, while not perfect they're beginning to gel. Fewer mistakes and more understanding.

Our difficulty is what I thought would be our mainstay pre-season - central midfield. Quinn and Brittain underperforming, De Leeuw looking good behind the target man but being sent out wide to compensate.
A genuine thanks for a proper reply. Your view about some players being new to the team is of value but my take is that I find it hard to lump them together - Carey is a player of undoubted ability but needs to find a creative role in the team, he is wasted at full back/defensiveish midfield. De Leeuw's performance today petered out to nothing precisely at the time we needed a play maker. I think i am watching a different Luckassen to you as he must be brilliant in training. Where i am in complete agreement is that our massive strength for several seasons has been the middle of the park and it has not clicked at all - would love to put Richie, Rocco and Ketts in a room and asked them to supply solutions.

(11-30-2013, 10:59 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: There was a distinct lack of this type of thread this time last season. We're only 4 points worse off.

I'm not really the happy clapping type but I like using perspective at times.

Sorry, but by using perspective you are a happy clapper.

(11-30-2013, 10:10 PM)staggie52 Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 09:55 PM)number8 Wrote: You see positives - help me, list them.

For me I completely agree with you. I heard Luckasson get a fair bit of abuse but he worked hard for most of the game had little support from midfield. I could see that he and Glen might gel and the disallowed goal came from then. Luckasson's header showed some of his quality and I think with support and not balls punted straight down the pitch and we might get somewhere. Central midfield is the key area that needs fixed. For me I'd like to see Klok and Ketts in there to see what they could do.

(11-30-2013, 10:10 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Luckassen is a great target man, his problem is the lack of back-up, he can hold the ball with three players round him but needs somebody to lay it off to. His header today under pressure showed what he could do with good service, young but improving.

My view of Luckassen is not as rosy as I find him one of the most frustrating forwards I have ever seen, well almost.

Today he constantly tried to run through the centre halfs, holding on to them and then backing into them, making a big show of falling on his [censored] and then claiming for a fowl Angry.

I wish he would learn to turn some of his markers and run into space more to stretch the opposition defence because at the moment it's to easy for defenders playing against him.

When he did manage to get hold of the ball he had no Vision and would loose it trying to dribble by 2 or 3 defenders when a simple pass would have opened their defence. Angry

The only time he used his Head he almost scored but I can't see that happening to often.

Sorry but we travelled through from Aberdeen and De Lion was the only one who made our Journey worth while, what happened in one week, as no one seemed to want to win the game.

Oops Hibs did want it more Undecided.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

He's, what, 19? If he was a local player then any criticism of him would be shot down in flames by a pitchfork wielding mob.

My turn for a rant, i honestly think that Derek Adams has lost the dressing room, and when that happens there is no way back.

County dug Brittain out of a hole in the summer and our captain hasn't repaid us at all this season, if he is low in confidence then this feeds down through the team. Boyd should be given the captaincy and let Brittain concentrate on getting his form back.

I know we have produced some youngsters who have been sold on to bigger clubs (Mackay-Steven, Cooper, Ridgers) but that was some time ago. Look at Dundee Utd for example, they have a conveyor belt of talent, pretty much every 2 years they promote youngsters to the 1st team and then sell them on for a big profit for example (Goodwillie, Russell, Allan etc) Look at this season they have Armstrong, Gauld, Souttar and Robertson (bought from Queens Park) these guys are destined for big things. My question is why isn't county producing and promoting atleast 1 player from the youth set up to the starting 11 of the 1st team every 2 years.

Maybe we have got our priorities wrong, why spend so much on adding more seats when some of that money could go towards a proper scouting network to look for talented youngsters that are capable of playing 1st team football.

Everybody says we have all the foundations of a good football club, but do we? we need to start producing our own youngsters, because they are the future of the club. George Adams has proven in the past that he was the master at finding top youth team players for example 'aiden macgeady' for celtic. Why has his magic touch deserted him at county this past few years. Maybe time for change there.

I wasn't at the game today but hearing from family members the body language from the team was poor, there was no togetherness and no communication. Over the past 2 years we have pretty much gone out of all the cups at the first time of asking, this isn't good enough especially the Stranraer result. our league form is shocking and doesn't look like improving for the foreseeable future, yes we do have the january transfer window coming up but we can't transfer out 7 or 8 players which is honestly required right now. So whats the answer??? I have lost faith in the Adams family and its time for change. I can't see Roy Macgregor putting up for it for much longer, i imagine he will give derek time to take players in during the january window, but if we don't stay up there will be big changes at the end of the season.

I think we need change now, iv had numerous conversations with people on twitter over the past few months and they kept saying give it time, well guys that a good few months and we are still in dire straits.

I'm keen to know what the "Get the Adams family out" Brigade actually expected this season? Preferably backed up with some sound reasoning rather than the usual knicker-wetting irrationality.