Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sproule Gone
Ivan Sproule today parted company with County 'by mutual consent'.

I am not in the least disappointed. In my view, after a decent enough season last year, he has done very little this term to justify being reportedly the highest paid player on the staff.

A substantial salary is now freed up for January recruitment. Disinterested Irish winger for a reliable Greek defender anyone ?

Have to say I don't agree - this season we have struggled and it's certainly not all his fault. Always thought he worked hard and last season he had such a fantastic impact. I'll miss him and wish him well, was for me a great county player.

disappointed but need to move on i suppose

best of luck to crazy ivan
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Decent player with an unfortunate attitude. Journeyman who was only ever going to give you half a season. The St Mirren tackle was obviously the last straw for the club. Tackle was so bad it was almost premeditated. That's one way to force an exit 'by mutual consent'.
Have to move on but club has to stop dumping players mid season. Not very positive.

Worked hard, but once you nullify his pace he doesn't really offer that much. Good luck to him wherever he goes, as he was brilliant last season.

One or two harsh comments on here. I for one was pleased whenever Ivan came on, including this season, he added much needed pace, and for some games seemed the most interested player.

So, thanks for everything Ivan, and good luck...

All the best Ivan, really enjoyed watching you play for County. Will miss your pace and skill.

All the best Ivan he worked hard every time he played and he was good to the fans

Ivan's speed was certainly his greatest asset but he also had a good eye for goal. That enabled him to convert a decent proportion of the chances which his speed created. If our other "strikers" were equally blessed we wouldn't be where we are in the league. One of our strikers might even have scored a goal this season.

Ivan should go with our very best wishes after the impact he made last season.

Ivan was great for the club...made an instant impact last season, and for all his problems he scored this season also....we will miss him I fear, but hopefully we can bring in some decent players in January
Good luck to Ivan the fastest man in a county jersey I have ever seen
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Cheers Ivan, the best County player in the last year. Good luck to you and your family.
USSR Tycoon, if we all had your talent......

Ivan Sproule and Darren Maatsen are essentially the same player. I have more faith in Maatsen at this point in the season.

I think anyone trying to turn this into a fall out should have a read of Ritchie Brittain's earlier tweet.

Wee bit of a surprise this, i fully expected him to be punted in January though. If it's personal problems that he's left for that will maybe explain him not being that influential this season and doing stupid things like that tackle at St Mirren.
I'll always remember his debut and double at St Mirren and his pace will be badly missed from the team but i hope he'll sort out his problems and get back on his game.

(11-29-2013, 08:59 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think anyone trying to turn this into a fall out should have a read of Ritchie Brittain's earlier tweet.

But it has to be a fall out. That's why Lawson, Vigurs, Hainault and Oik left.

(11-29-2013, 09:02 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:
(11-29-2013, 08:59 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think anyone trying to turn this into a fall out should have a read of Ritchie Brittain's earlier tweet.

But it has to be a fall out. That's why Lawson, Vigurs, Hainault and Oik left.

Oh, aye. Hadn't thought of that. Bloody fall outs. Why only our players? Must be a man-management problem. Adam's OUT!!!!111 Calderwood in please.

All the best to Ivan as he returns home after his release from the club.

Can we not just thank the guy and wish him well? Why when someone leaves the club do folk have to have a pop, or start pish about fall-outs with the manager etc..

Its tedious.

All the best to him but I'm not particularly disappointed to see him go. I appreciate his efforts and his most of his performances last season were excellent, providing some valuable points.

Inside line on this (from a source) is that he was planning to go home as the family have business interests there and he was also currently considering an offer of an extension from the club. From this news it might appear that the offer was not sufficient to make him stay so looks like another mutual consent parting of the ways.

Read Richie's tweet - more to life than football - all the best Ivan!!
Supporter Liaison Officer