Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grant Munro departing?
Two great years at the back and formed one of our best ever if not the best partnership we've had at the back with Boyd. Good luck to all his future endeavours. He certainly proved the tinks were wrong to axe him and in some style.

(10-15-2013, 12:23 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I don't think we need a replacement, which kind of shows the decision's right. It does pretty much mean, I hope, that the three at the back formation has been shelved.

WE NEED A REPLACEMENT alright just one injury. ie BOYDY we Are in trouble

Micic? Saunders?

(10-17-2013, 02:32 PM)1517 Wrote: Micic? Saunders?

What about Micic Saunders

(10-17-2013, 10:26 AM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 12:33 AM)dawyckstag Wrote: I'm currently visiting Mickey mouse in Florida so I'm just catching up with the news. I was speaking to a County fan and a Caley fan at different times today and neither mentioned Grant so not common knowledge over here yet.
Like everyone else a great big thanks to Grant for the last two years especially SPL promotion and 40 unbeaten. Hope you enjoy Highland league football for a few seasons yet.

After reading through threads,the latest going on at county make me think that this is an admission of yet another (we don't know what to do here) misjudgment on DM part. c,mon lads there are still guys signed,who have still not stepped up to the table
We shall soon be passed halfway stage,I have it from good authority that good professionals will not come on short term contract,people need stability in their lives
And just won't sign a one year deal,frankly I do not blame. Them.
We need people who back their conviction on players, by bringing in good experience players . Priority being they Want to play for county if they see a future for their families in this area.and surely CEO is the man to assure them .
Grant Munro did not just wake n up last Friday and say I want to go,was he pushed
just an opinion lads. ! I'm just saying!! Grant Munro time should have been end of last season.
Before anyone goes off half cocked on this remember you can fool some of the people some of the time,but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
Transparency tell support as it really is we won,t run away we will back the Staggie no to the death C'MON the county

Sorry, think the Alzheimer's must be kicking in, I do not understand a thing that Gadgigadgi is trying to say, interpretation please!
First of all, I do not understand why Gadgi has quoted dawyckstag at all Undecided
''we shall soon be passed the halfway stage'', We have only played 9 games so another 10 games to go before we pass the halfway point of the season! (another 8 games before we are past halfway in the pre split fixtures)
As for 'good professionals' not coming on a short term contract, I would have thought that 'good professionals' will not come because we cannot pay them enough! Everyone would love longer contracts, but that is not the reality anymore. If you are the top of your game then the contract length is not really such a big issue as your contract will be renewed or someone else will come in for you. Of course if you have a family you do not want to keep moving them around the country so if you are playing for teams in the central belt you are less likely to need to move house when you change teams. Getting players to move up here has always been a problem and this is more of a problem for us now that contract lengths are shorter, but there is not a lot we can do to overcome this. Derek and Co should be praised for their achievements at bringing in the calibre of players that we have, not easy in the current financial climate, never mind the short term contracts!
''We need people who back their conviction on players, by bringing in good experience players'' Don't know what that means, are you saying Derek should go!Undecided
''Grant Munro did not just wake n up last Friday and say I want to go,was he pushed'' Grant Munro, I think we all agree that he was a great servant to the club in his short time here, and was a major factor in helping us into he SPL and in securing a top six finish in our first year. I do not believe he was lying in his reasons for going. A job opportunity came up and he asked the club to release him early. It sounded as if the job would still be available to him come the summer, but as he felt that as he was no longer going to be a first pick in the team he thought it would be better to make a start at his new career now rather than sitting on the bench for the next 7 months!
''we will back the Staggie no to the death'' Don't know what that means either! Undecided

Micic, Saunders, Boyd, MacLean.

That's four centre halves. County don't have the money to throw around to create a squad to every possibility. Four is enough.

Quote:Grant Munro did not just wake n up last Friday and say I want to go,was he pushed

Conjecture without proof. How do you know Munro himself didn't ask DA to released him earlier if he no longer thought he'd do himself justice anymore in the SPL?

Whatever the reason it's unlikely we'll ever know, so why debate on it? He's given us two years of sterling service. Whatever the reasons, I'm sorry to see him go but we've cover and we'll have to move on regardless.

(10-17-2013, 02:48 PM)MayHam Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 12:33 AM)dawyckstag Wrote: I'm currently visiting Mickey mouse in Florida so I'm just catching up with the news. I was speaking to a County fan and a Caley fan at different times today and neither mentioned Grant so not common knowledge over here yet.
Like everyone else a great big thanks to Grant for the last two years especially SPL promotion and 40 unbeaten. Hope you enjoy Highland league football for a few seasons yet.

After reading through threads,the latest going on at county make me think that this is an admission of yet another (we don't know what to do here) misjudgment on DM part. c,mon lads there are still guys signed,who have still not stepped up to the table
We shall soon be passed halfway stage,I have it from good authority that good professionals will not come on short term contract,people need stability in their lives
We need people who back their conviction on players, by bringing in good experience players . Priority being they Want to play for county if they see a future for their families in this area.and surely CEO is the man to assure them .
Grant Munro did not just wake n up last Friday and say I want to go,was he pushed
just an opinion lads. ! I'm just saying!! Grant Munro time should have been end of last season.
Before anyone goes off half cocked on this remember you can fool some of the people some of the time,but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
Transparency tell support as it really is we won,t run away we will back the Staggie no to the death C'MON the county

Sorry, think the Alzheimer's must be kicking in, I do not understand a thing that Gadgigadgi is trying to say, interpretation please!
First of all, I do not understand why Gadgi has quoted dawyckstag at all Undecided
''we shall soon be passed the halfway stage'', We have only played 9 games so another 10 games to go before we pass the halfway point of the season! (another 8 games before we are past halfway in the pre split fixtures)
As for 'good professionals' not coming on a short term contract, I would have thought that 'good professionals' will not come because we cannot pay them enough! Everyone would love longer contracts, but that is not the reality anymore. If you are the top of your game then the contract length is not really such a big issue as your contract will be renewed or someone else will come in for you. Of course if you have a family you do not want to keep moving them around the country so if you are playing for teams in the central belt you are less likely to need to move house when you change teams. Getting players to move up here has always been a problem and this is more of a problem for us now that contract lengths are shorter, but there is not a lot we can do to overcome this. Derek and Co should be praised for their achievements at bringing in the calibre of players that we have, not easy in the current financial climate, never mind the short term contracts!
''We need people who back their conviction on players, by bringing in good experience players'' Don't know what that means, are you saying Derek should go!Undecided
''Grant Munro did not just wake n up last Friday and say I want to go,was he pushed'' Grant Munro, I think we all agree that he was a great servant to the club in his short time here, and was a major factor in helping us into he SPL and in securing a top six finish in our first year. I do not believe he was lying in his reasons for going. A job opportunity came up and he asked the club to release him early. It sounded as if the job would still be available to him come the summer, but as he felt that as he was no longer going to be a first pick in the team he thought it would be better to make a start at his new career now rather than sitting on the bench for the next 7 months!
''we will back the Staggie no to the death'' Don't know what that means either! Undecided

Thanks for making me read all of that again. My eyes feel broken.

(10-17-2013, 02:55 PM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:

Seems to me you have a problem with anything you want to turn around,if it does not suit,your sneaky snidely remark about Alzheimer's ,makes me think their is no privacy,with admin. For your information yes I have problem with memory,
Yes I can go back years

Was talking about my own brain!! I honestly did not understand what you were trying to say, still don't! I can say 100% hand on heart that my comments about Alzheimers were directed at myself and I am sorry if you thought they were directed at you!

Good luck to Grant. One of our greatest ever players and made a huge contribution to the club. However, it was time to move on.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(10-17-2013, 04:17 PM)MayHam Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 02:55 PM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:

''we shall soon be passed the halfway stage'', We have only played 9 games so another 10 games to go before we pass the halfway point of the season! (another 8 games before we are past halfway in the pre split

fixtures)
Seems to me you have a problem with anything you want to turn around,if it does not suit,your sneaky snidely remark about Alzheimer's ,makes me think their is no privacy,with admin. For your information yes I have problem with memory,
Yes I can go back years

Was talking about my own brain!! I honestly did not understand what you were trying to say, still don't! I can say 100% hand on heart that my comments about Alzheimers were directed at myself and I am sorry if you thought they were directed at you!
No worries I accept what you say,good luck to you,you are quite right to enter in conversation ,and every right to an opinion,on games played I meant not far from halfway mark,a premature answer by me apologies ,Staggies no death the n in no should have been a T.actually not giving anything away,very familiar with,the Scot in Florida"(you stumped here).
I was not quoting anybody ,that was your assumption, back to football,I respect your opinion, but I listen to people and ex players, and I did play a bit too,can you put your hand on heart and say our standards have not slipped,
Yes we have to be prudent,but I bet if you trace back to players who never got a real chance Daniel Moore the boy macphee and see us struggle at left back !erm!! Even Kovy cannot solve this, again my information is Vigurs got a derisory offer and one year contract the Greek boy not even offered,we are needing a big strong striker, able to bully centre backs a hard uncompromising ball winner in midfield,never mind Santa might be good for us, I do not blame Derek as he has to work within allowed budget. Maybe if due diligence had been seen to be done on botched park.there would have been an allowance for Derek to bring a couple of guys in,I'm just saying
The CEO is the man calling the shots,and god on Derek trying to make honey out of hens s--t all the best to you no doubt you will respond C'MON the Staggies
Er excuse if some of grammar not to your standard,us jailend Gadgies plod on ha

[Image: 815021264.gif?1381707575]
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Gadgigadgi, apologies once more, that was my Alzheimer's again! I should have said replied to dawyckstag's post, not quote dawyckstag. I think the whole of the 'no' was a typo actually, which makes sense as you did already have the 'to' ''we will back the Staggie no to the death'' . My brain really is mush at times, think we are perhaps as bad as each other!! But anyway, thank you for taking the time to explain your post, makes a lot more sense now.
I have to admit that I am rather guilty of always trying to look at things in a positive light and give a positive spin on things as these boards can seem to be all doom and gloom at times, I suppose the board would be a bit boring if we all had the exact same views, variety is the spice of life as they say! I wish you all the best!
edited to add
Em, I can't remember ever commenting on anyone's bad grammar or spelling!

I miss Steven Craig.

Great service, steady head on a new SPFL team - Very much appreciated.
Highlander29