Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kovy for Scotland?
I have been wondering for some time why Kovy hasn't been called up for Scotland, but nobody else seems to have given it a moments thought. Lets have a look at the facts:

1) Kovy played a crucial part in our ground-breaking campaign last season, dominating the centre of midfield. Players like Virgus, Lawson and Richie took all the credit but they're success was largely down to Kovy's no-nonsense approach in the heart of midfield.

2) He has got a left foot to die for and can see a pass. Not only that, he kept out some of the best strikers in Scotland last year like Josh Maggenis and Billy Griffiths.

3) Scotland are a bit short on options in midfield at this moment in time, what with Darren Fletcher's long lay off and Charlie Adam's loss of form. People will say they still have players like Brown and Kenny Miller who would get in ahead of him and yes, I agree to a certain extent, however, Kovy would surely be a good player to have in the squad?

4) You look at players such as Scotty Brown and Kenny Miller and they must be into their late 30's now, whereas Kovy is around 22,23 so has youth on his side.

All these reasons make my believe that he should get a call up.

Just felt it ought to be brought up for debate so, what you think guys? Should Kovy be called up or am I talking a load of rubbish!!?

Unless I'm having a brain fart who on earth is this midfielder called Kovy that we have?

Absolutely everything about this post is as mad as a bag of frogs.

(10-08-2013, 04:59 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Absolutely everything about this post is as mad as a bag of frogs.

Or a head full of spanners

Shades of the famous Antti Niemi phone in about this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62gcFkBHMQ

Best strikers in Scotland: Josh Magennis and Billy Griffiths
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

No idea why this has not been thought of already.

Who the hell is Kovy? Is it the product of some kind of Global Energy mutation project - ah, that's it isn't it, we can't afford any transfer fees so we have started cloning the players we have, so this "Kovy" chap must be a cloned cross between Kovacevic and Ketts - sweet!

I can't wait for the next football kit photo to see if they have cloned Kova's Courgette!! ;0)

So here's an idea for the rest of this crazy thread - if you could clone two County players to obtain the best of skills from them, which two players would you clone?

See, this is why you shouldn't drink too much Bovril.......
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-08-2013, 07:44 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Who the hell is Kovy? Is it the product of some kind of Global Energy mutation project - ah, that's it isn't it, we can't afford any transfer fees so we have started cloning the players we have, so this "Kovy" chap must be a cloned cross between Kovacevic and Ketts - sweet!

I can't wait for the next football kit photo to see if they have cloned Kova's Courgette!! ;0)

So here's an idea for the rest of this crazy thread - if you could clone two County players to obtain the best of skills from them, which two players would you clone?

I am sure there has been a bit of this going on already (on here) in recent team selections, seen a couple of Kovas of late in the same team, and more than a handful of Kettlewells! All good calls it has to be said!

(10-08-2013, 07:44 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: ..........which two players would you clone?

Stuart Kettlewell and Graeme Carey - Scarey

Scott Boyd and Melvin De Leew - Blue
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-08-2013, 10:01 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Scott Boyd and Melvin De Leew - Blue

Trying to picture the hairRolleyes

[Image: 36bu4m.jpg]

(10-08-2013, 08:11 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 07:44 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Who the hell is Kovy? Is it the product of some kind of Global Energy mutation project - ah, that's it isn't it, we can't afford any transfer fees so we have started cloning the players we have, so this "Kovy" chap must be a cloned cross between Kovacevic and Ketts - sweet!

I am sure there has been a bit of this going on already (on here) in recent team selections, seen a couple of Kovas of late in the same team, and more than a handful of Kettlewells! All good calls it has to be said!

We all dream of a team of Kettlewells

(10-09-2013, 12:28 PM)staggiefan1 Wrote: We all dream of a team of Kettlewells

Not all of us.

Michael Fraser and Mark Brown to create the ultimate shot stopper!!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

(10-09-2013, 03:08 PM)Gordie the staggie Wrote: Michael Fraser and Mark Brown to create the ultimate shot stopper!!

Last Dutch revolution was down ibrox way, where are they now,mind you They were players

Is this the bloke from Uganda? I'm surprised he got a work-permit, what with his war-crimes.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-08-2013, 03:22 PM)SouthernStaggie Wrote: I have been wondering for some time why Kovy hasn't been called up for Scotland, but nobody else seems to have given it a moments thought. Lets have a look at the facts:

1) Kovy played a crucial part in our ground-breaking campaign last season, dominating the centre of midfield. Players like Virgus, Lawson and Richie took all the credit but they're success was largely down to Kovy's no-nonsense approach in the heart of midfield.

2) He has got a left foot to die for and can see a pass. Not only that, he kept out some of the best strikers in Scotland last year like Josh Maggenis and Billy Griffiths.

3) Scotland are a bit short on options in midfield at this moment in time, what with Darren Fletcher's long lay off and Charlie Adam's loss of form. People will say they still have players like Brown and Kenny Miller who would get in ahead of him and yes, I agree to a certain extent, however, Kovy would surely be a good player to have in the squad?

4) You look at players such as Scotty Brown and Kenny Miller and they must be into their late 30's now, whereas Kovy is around 22,23 so has youth on his side.

All these reasons make my believe that he should get a call up.

Just felt it ought to be brought up for debate so, what you think guys? Should Kovy be called up or am I talking a load of rubbish!!?

Next home game chant this, preferably around the middle of the west stand. "KOVY FOR SCOTLAND" We will join in honest! Imagine the look on the faces!

next we will be taking about Gadgiecov, for Russia