Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Safe Standing
Is the 6,000 seats still a requirement?
It certainly was under the SPL, but has this been continued into the SPFL?

I think the big problem here is none of us really know.

Since we seem to be going round in circles, I will ask the club today to see what the reaction is

(09-26-2013, 06:48 AM)thejailender Wrote: Is the 6,000 seats still a requirement?
It certainly was under the SPL, but has this been continued into the SPFL?

I think the big problem here is none of us really know.

Since we seem to be going round in circles, I will ask the club today to see what the reaction is

That's sounds like a bit of sense. It was certainly something that the SPFL were saying they were going to relax to make it easier for smaller clubs to join the upper tier. But that was in the midst of all the fighting and trying to sweeten clubs up to vote their way, can't remember if they had put forward anything specific! After all the nonstop media hype about it all, together with the Rangers saga most of us were probably glad to have a rest from it all. Then the finer details of the new SPFL seemed to fade into the background! It will be interesting to hear what the club has to say.
In the words of Donald Rumsfeld.
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”

I think safe standing is a great idea and especially a section dedicated to be the singing section. The plan to place safe standing throughout the Jailend was dismissed as it would cost 3 times the price of normal seats and we still needed to have a 6000 all seater stadium.

With the extension of the east stand this year we now have a greater amount of seating and therefore we could put some safe standing in the Jailend. I would propose replacing just one section of the Jailend next year (just behind the goal, pic below) to be the dedicating singing and safe standing area. That way the cost would not be so significant, we would still keep the 6000 all seated requirement, there would be a great atmosphere and it is a small enough area to monitor and trial for the first time in Scotland.

The club would have to advertise this section as the singing section to stop some people getting annoyed with the "noise". With all the singers in one section, the atmosphere would be greatly improved and the noise would help spur on the players. If all goes well and there is enough demand, who knows, they might extend the safe standing area further.

[Image: Safestanding_zpsefcc724d.jpg]

Great idea - if permitted. Not too costly either.

Would those red lasers zap anyone that crossed out of the standing area?
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(09-28-2013, 11:39 AM)Flying Staggie Wrote: I think safe standing is a great idea and especially a section dedicated to be the singing section. The plan to place safe standing throughout the Jailend was dismissed as it would cost 3 times the price of normal seats and we still needed to have a 6000 all seater stadium.

With the extension of the east stand this year we now have a greater amount of seating and therefore we could put some safe standing in the Jailend. I would propose replacing just one section of the Jailend next year (just behind the goal, pic below) to be the dedicating singing and safe standing area. That way the cost would not be so significant, we would still keep the 6000 all seated requirement, there would be a great atmosphere and it is a small enough area to monitor and trial for the first time in Scotland.

The club would have to advertise this section as the singing section to stop some people getting annoyed with the "noise". With all the singers in one section, the atmosphere would be greatly improved and the noise would help spur on the players. If all goes well and there is enough demand, who knows, they might extend the safe standing area further.

I'am all for it, as the atmosphere just now is poor, something needs to be done

(09-28-2013, 11:48 AM)Les Westander Wrote: Would those red lasers zap anyone that crossed out of the standing area?

Forget a safe standing area. Get those lasers in use on the tea bar queues.

(09-29-2013, 03:11 PM)Wicky Wrote:
(09-28-2013, 11:48 AM)Les Westander Wrote: Would those red lasers zap anyone that crossed out of the standing area?

Forget a safe standing area. Get those lasers in use on the tea bar queues.

Wicky
If you have any concerns or ideas to improve the tea bar queue, please do not hesitate to contact the club, email Ranald with your concerns/ideas.
He will respond and try to find a solution if possible.
Are you referring to the East Stand tea bar?

(09-28-2013, 11:39 AM)Flying Staggie Wrote: I think safe standing is a great idea and especially a section dedicated to be the singing section. The plan to place safe standing throughout the Jailend was dismissed as it would cost 3 times the price of normal seats and we still needed to have a 6000 all seater stadium.

I think that section and IF it gets full then get one of the sections on eather side of that one

Maybe being a bit picky here, but would it not be better to have the two sections at the East Stand end of the Jailend?

The reasons being, if we were to use the center sections, and I assume standing will be 'tolerated' then those sitting either side will probably complain.
The second reason being that we would then be close to the East Stand as well as the rest of the Jailend - and any singing section would maybe get both other stands joining in - as in fairness the East Stand have joined it at times recently.

Here is another other maybe more radical plan though.
Obviously people in the Jailend already have seats now, and there will be issues with getting them moved out of those sections - so its probably fair to say that we will never get agreement across the board this season as to which section to use.

So why do we not approach the club to use the new section of the East Stand?

I guess the teams like Aberdeen and Celtic (and maybe ICT) will probably use this section too so for those games we may have to be moved to other parts of the ground, but those games generally have better atmospheres anyway!

But if we're in that section, hopefully Stewards could be instructed to be more tolerant with standing, and maybe as time goes on more and more people would wish to join the section

Thoughts?

(09-30-2013, 07:01 AM)thejailender Wrote: Maybe being a bit picky here, but would it not be better to have the two sections at the East Stand end of the Jailend?

The reasons being, if we were to use the center sections, and I assume standing will be 'tolerated' then those sitting either side will probably complain.
The second reason being that we would then be close to the East Stand as well as the rest of the Jailend - and any singing section would maybe get both other stands joining in - as in fairness the East Stand have joined it at times recently.

Obviously people in the Jailend already have seats now, and there will be issues with getting them moved out of those sections - so its probably fair to say that we will never get agreement across the board this season as to which section to use.

I guess the teams like Aberdeen and Celtic (and maybe ICT) will probably use this section too so for those games we may have to be moved to other parts of the ground, but those games generally have better atmospheres anyway!

But if we're in that section, hopefully Stewards could be instructed to be more tolerant with standing, and maybe as time goes on more and more people would wish to join the section

Thoughts?

Think that's a great idea - that section is effectively empty at the moment so I think the club would be in favour of this - especially if it's going to raise the atmosphere!

Plus it's closer if you want to throw a pie ;0)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(09-30-2013, 07:01 AM)thejailender Wrote: But if we're in that section, hopefully Stewards could be instructed to be more tolerant with standing, and maybe as time goes on more and more people would wish to join the section

Thoughts?

And I thought they were already more tolerant towards fans in VP and other Stadia in Scotland.

Oops sorry that's only for Celtic fans Angry

Felt sorry for the Kids in the ESE at the Hearts game, who went down to the front row and were quickly chased back to their proper seats by the brave steward, if they had Celtic colours on he wouldn't dare say anything. Angel
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

(09-29-2013, 09:59 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote:
(09-29-2013, 03:11 PM)Wicky Wrote: Forget a safe standing area. Get those lasers in use on the tea bar queues.

Wicky
If you have any concerns or ideas to improve the tea bar queue, please do not hesitate to contact the club, email Ranald with your concerns/ideas.
He will respond and try to find a solution if possible.
Are you referring to the East Stand tea bar?

The queues at all the tea bars are simply too long. I find it difficult to believe that the quickest way of serving a queue is to pour each cup of tea etc when it is ordered. It would be quicker if they had some ready just to be handed over and paid for.

If that doesn't work, more tea bars are required. The aim must be to have enough capacity to serve everybody who wants something at half time without anybody having to leave their seat before the half time whistle, or missing the start of the second half.

And don't get me started on the hot chocolate Wink

(09-30-2013, 07:34 AM)Applecross Staggie Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 07:01 AM)thejailender Wrote: But if we're in that section, hopefully Stewards could be instructed to be more tolerant with standing, and maybe as time goes on more and more people would wish to join the section

Thoughts?

And I thought they were already more tolerant towards fans in VP and other Stadia in Scotland.

Oops sorry that's only for Celtic fans Angry

Felt sorry for the Kids in the ESE at the Hearts game, who went down to the front row and were quickly chased back to their proper seats by the brave steward, if they had Celtic colours on he wouldn't dare say anything. Angel

Are you serious?
The “JOBSWORTHS” chased some kids back up!
Wow! We wonder why we are finding it difficult to create an atmosphere at the GES!
Local children are being told to sit down etc. and as we all know, opposition fans can essentially do what they want.
Last season we had another “JOBSWORTH” preventing people from the East Stand using the toilets at the right hand side of the Jailend. (Despite lengthy queues at the East Stand, and no queue at the mentioned Jailend toilet)

(09-30-2013, 07:01 AM)thejailender Wrote: Maybe being a bit picky here, but would it not be better to have the two sections at the East Stand end of the Jailend?

Thoughts?

I think the east section of the Jailend is good idea. Logistically and engineering wise it would be easier to remove the seating from that section and add the safe standing to the concrete terracing below. It would allow access to the standing area from the east of the Jailend at the same level as the terracing (the seats are about 1-2 feet higher off the concrete) and only a barrier rail would have to be attached to the end of the seating section. It would also be easier to control access to the standing area through one entrance.

I'm not a fan of the radical idea for the following reasons:
1. If you wanted to remain in the singing section throughout the season, then you may be likely to buy a season ticket. If you were then to be moved for a big game, where would you sit? The singers could be dispersed throughout the stadium.
2. I think the atmosphere created by the singers occasionally catches on in the Jailend and I have heard a vast numbers who do not normally chant, join in. I think that would be lost if located in the new east stand.
3. The Jailend already has the concrete terracing underneath for the safe standing to be bolted to.

Before we go to the club with the suggestions, it may be an idea to take a poll on here to see where people would like a dedicated singing/standing section to be. That way we could go to the club with the fans favorite solution/position. I know that not all Ross County fans are represented on this forum but I suspect most of the die hard singers are members of OTB and could vote.

(09-30-2013, 12:37 PM)Flying Staggie Wrote: Before we go to the club with the suggestions, it may be an idea to take a poll on here to see where people would like a dedicated singing/standing section to be. That way we could go to the club with the fans favorite solution/position. I know that not all Ross County fans are represented on this forum but I suspect most of the die hard singers are members of OTB and could vote.

That's a reasonable shout for future season, but if its for this season I think the only feesable way would be if the club allowed the new extension.
Too many people have season tickets etc for various seats and every one of them would have to be asked and agree to a move - only a couple not wanting to move in any one area would scupper the plan.
But for future seasons I think agreeing an area would be the best bet - unless the new extension works of course!

Not sure I would feel safe singing in that extension next to a big away support like Celtic and some of the nutters that follow them. Certainly bring a bit of much needed atmosphere though.

(09-30-2013, 09:32 PM)Bovril Boy Wrote: Not sure I would feel safe singing in that extension next to a big away support like Celtic and some of the nutters that follow them. Certainly bring a bit of much needed atmosphere though.

Why wouldn't you feel 'safe'?

Just because they stand up and support their team for ninety minutes doesn't make them nutters

I think a cupple of things need to happen before we get what we want 1 we need to put it to a vote who wants a singing sect and safe standing and 2 we need someone to take it to Roy and the rest of the board

The new(ish) Napoli owner is none other than Aurelio De Laurentis the movie guy and watch him shake up European football. He cannot understand why clubs sit back and let the football authorities dictate what they can and can't do. He quite rightly says that this compromises the quality of entertainment given to the fans and restricts maximising revenue. If enough clubs stand up for themselves and do what is right for them and their fans we might just see the change we need. To quote De Laurentis; "We are cutting our balls off to comply with these regulations. Why? Let's go, give people what they want"