Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newcastle Utd
As a few OTB users know, I am, by birth a NUFC fan (1981) and an adopted County fan (since 1994).
After watching the 2-1 win vs Everton in Woodside Inn, then seeing County beat Thistle, things are very good at the moment.
Ryan Taylor, so often forgotten, has been class this season and what a strike! (as good as Vigurs?).
Krul is a future Dutch no.1 and Coloccini has been a colossus. Mags often get accussed of getting carried away but not this season. We will prob get nothing from the next 3 matches vs Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea and end up mid table at the end of the season. The original plan was to avoid a relegation battle and that still stands but we could not have done any better.
Anyway, the point of this is that just for a change, both my teams know how to grind out a win! What a refreshing change.
C'mon County and the Mags.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Can't see you lasting in the top four, but there is a good enough side there to remain in the top 8.

(11-07-2011, 03:48 PM)Comrie Wrote: Can't see you lasting in the top four, but there is a good enough side there to remain in the top 8.

I'd be happy with a slight improvement on last year and no relegation battle.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

What's your feelings on the re-naming of the stadium? Surely it should only be known as St James' park? I'm not keen on naming grounds after companies.

(11-13-2011, 12:21 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: What's your feelings on the re-naming of the stadium? Surely it should only be known as St James' park? I'm not keen on naming grounds after companies.

This is another example of over-hype by the media. St James Park will always be known by home and away fans as that - St James Park. Everyone knows that.

When Ashley leaves, the name will officially return anyway. Until then, if the Fat Cockney Boy is right, we can potentially earn £100m from naming rights. If that pays for a few top players who fit in, we'll see how many people complain then....

The media have gone to town thinking that there will be a public outrage - and they are wrong. Newcastle fans are only happy when the team is doing well and really arn't that bothered about much else.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like the renaming issue, but it is just an annoyance rather than an outrage. People need to understand that this is where top end football is going and that you have to move with the times in order to keep up.

I'm sure we'll have that Sky Sports muppet Daid Craig interviewing some random half-wit to get their "representative opinion" and Jim White (Sky Sports Muppet) will give an "Ashley Out" banner to some charvas who will parade it outside St James Park even though they have only seen it on MOTD.
I'm not keen on Ashley or Llambias, but their plan has worked since we got relegated in 2009.

SHIRT NUMBER 34.

Talking of the 'representative opinion' there is always a geordie willing to oblige:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15761884

(11-18-2011, 12:12 PM)ciaranhill Wrote: Talking of the 'representative opinion' there is always a geordie willing to oblige:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15761884

He'll be back if we continue to do well.

SHIRT NUMBER 34.

Great draw at ManUre and County 9 pts clear after win at Livi! Another great day.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

Massive point for NU today, I really think the top four could be realistic however two bad results and it could all spin on its head in that league.
Highlander29

Never a penalty, but how often do you see Man Utd get dodgy decisions in their favour? Great point and what a composed finish that was by Ba.

(11-26-2011, 08:34 PM)Comrie Wrote: Never a penalty, but how often do you see Man Utd get dodgy decisions in their favour? Great point and what a composed finish that was by Ba.

Just watched it on MOTD...

The Ref was horrendous.
Highlander29

Just back in from the game- poor result from a Man Utd perspective, but must admit I thought it was a cracking game of football. Admirable defensive effort from Necastle for pretty much the entire last 20 minutes, great display by Krul, the back 4 throwing themselves in the way of shots

When I saw the penalty incident (admittedly from the other end of the ground), my thoughts were that it was a clean, well-timed tackle- never a spot-kick. But no use moaning about it now, we move on
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(11-27-2011, 01:06 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: When I saw the penalty incident (admittedly from the other end of the ground), my thoughts were that it was a clean, well-timed tackle- never a spot-kick. But no use moaning about it now, we move on

Aye, that's you off Fergie's Christmas card list!