Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Has the interest level dropped?
There should be room for both types of fans at the game, most of the people around me put up with me roaring my head off in the main stand, most of them end up joining in.

As I've said on another thread (Oooo that rhymes....) - start with something simple - the Hearts fans an to be honest it was only a section on the left of the away stand that were making the noise - they adopted the "here we go, here we go..." chant - really simple chant and singing tune - start with something like that and see how many people join in, I'll wager that the bulk of people would join in as it's simple and catchy....

We'd only need a couple of hundred fans to join in on all three stands and it would be awesome!

Let's try it at the next home game - jail end starts the chant "here we go, here we go..." The other two stands join in (at least those who want to sing....) and let's keep it going for bursts throughout the game....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

My level of interest remains the same, 3rd div or SPL. Dont have time for glory hunters.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

This thread is from around this time last year where I felt the interest level was dropping.

How do other people feel about the interest level dropping? The average attendance definitely seems to be.

I think the main issue for a lot is the price. A ticket of £25 to watch the standard of football on offer isn't worth it for me.

I don't think there's any chance of it happening, but if ticket prices were £10 (as they are in Germany) I think the attendance would rise quite a lot.

I've always been sceptical over "lower ticket prices = more fans" mainly due to the potential revenue losses. £25 is far too much for, lets face it, a piss poor product on the park.

Ultimately, a winning football team gets punters through the turnstiles. However, if County want some nice publicity and to be seen as a club that caters to its support, then a few trial games that involve capping ticket prices at £18 or thereabouts might be worth a shot.

Still, winning games is vital to attracting more interest.

Lot of people on holiday at the moment - Let's see if the crowds improve over the next couple of home games....I'm sure Roy will address things if punters don't attend...

Maybe more importantly how many season tickets have we sold this season, compared to the last 2?
I know of a lot of people who didn't take up their ticket this season, as they thought the football would be worse than last season,
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(08-18-2014, 04:56 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: This thread is from around this time last year where I felt the interest level was dropping.

How do other people feel about the interest level dropping? The average attendance definitely seems to be.

I think the main issue for a lot is the price. A ticket of £25 to watch the standard of football on offer isn't worth it for me.

I don't think there's any chance of it happening, but if ticket prices were £10 (as they are in Germany) I think the attendance would rise quite a lot.

Just to do the maths for you, for the club to bring in the same amount of money as last years average attendance (3806), to drop it from £25 to £10 would require our average attendance to be 9515. That's 150% extra fans.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(08-18-2014, 05:08 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I've always been sceptical over "lower ticket prices = more fans" mainly due to the potential revenue losses. £25 is far too much for, lets face it, a piss poor product on the park.

Ultimately, a winning football team gets punters through the turnstiles. However, if County want some nice publicity and to be seen as a club that caters to its support, then a few trial games that involve capping ticket prices at £18 or thereabouts might be worth a shot.

Still, winning games is vital to attracting more interest.

5286 (+39%)

Edit: Used the current figure for this season by accident, changed almost nothing to be honest (3806 to 3787)
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

My interest is still the same, it's just having come off the dole only three days ago after working a job where I did most weekends getting to County games hasn't been possible over the end of last season/first three games of this season.

I'll be looking to go more come my first pay day.

(08-20-2014, 07:58 AM)Comrie Wrote: My interest is still the same, it's just having come off the dole only three days ago after working a job where I did most weekends getting to County games hasn't been possible over the end of last season/first three games of this season.

I'll be looking to go more come my first pay day.

For the attention of all unemployed supporters.
The club used to operate a system for unemployed supporters.
Not sure if they still do.
I believe you had to show some information from the job centre.
However, for those of you who are unemployed and wish to go to home games, ask the club if the system is still in place.
Personally, I would rather see 50 unemployed supporters in at a cut price, than none.

Stick Tony Dingwall on the bench for the next home game instead of Maatsen - run an article in the local press letting punters know he's included in the squad for the Motherwell game seeing as he banged in another two goals last night for Development Squad!

Time County were using this boy as a good news story to lift some of the mire away from The GES at the moment!

Come on, he's got to be worth a place on the bench!

Has my interest level dropped? The honest answer, yes.

I feel some emotional attachment has been eroding slowly over the past couple of seasons as a result of the foreign policy. The first few were exciting, as it felt like we were finally on the world map, but it takes a while for the distant fan like me to get to know these players. As soon as you feel like you know them and they belong in a County shirt, they are away. Sproule, Oikonomou, Wohlforth, Hainault for example.

I look at the starting XI from Saturdays abysmal defeat and hardly know anything about most of them; Reguero, Balk, Celcer, Kiss, Dreesen, Arquin & Jervis. Compare those names to the Cup final starting XI McGovern, Miller, Boyd, Keddie, Morrison, Gardyne, Scott, Brittain, Vigurs, Barrowman, Craig.

The treatment of Ketts is another example of Ross County being a business first and a football team second.

Don’t get me wrong – I will still be cheering the team on every match day and will be visiting 4 or 5 times a year from down south but because I can’t reel of the likely starting XI anymore, I feel like my loyalty as a fan is dwindling.

I am just as keen as ever
At the moment we are struggling, but that is part and parcel of football. As a supporter I am in for the long haul and you have to take the good times and the not so good times as they happen.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(08-20-2014, 09:16 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Stick Tony Dingwall on the bench for the next home game instead of Maatsen - run an article in the local press letting punters know he's included in the squad for the Motherwell game seeing as he banged in another two goals last night for Development Squad!

Time County were using this boy as a good news story to lift some of the mire away from The GES at the moment!

Come on, he's got to be worth a place on the bench!

This is a dangerous game to play with young players, talking them up in this way. It can go right, which is what we'd like, but if the player fails to live up to the hype, then it can seriously affect them developmentally.

I'm all for him getting a chance, but the coaching staff know better than anyone here how he would cope, they clearly think he needs more time

I have faith in the coaching staff, I'm just wondering what the difference is between Tony and Darren Maatsen...anyone at the game last night able to provide a comparison? Looking at the squad, it's seriously thin in defence and midfield - we may end up having to rely on our youth players if we are not careful!

Ach well, we'll see how things pan out over the next few games - if we get thumped by United, Hamilton, dumped out of cup by Stranraer and then beaten by Motherwell, I dare say we will being seeing some kind of change anyway....

"Has the interest level dropped?"

Certainly not on here, never been busier!

We have lost our first 3 games, the same as last season. No panic as far as I'm concerned, I was more worried this time last season when we were playing 3 at the back and had Micic.

Looking forward to Tannadice.