Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
One Richard Brittain.....there's only
Hey folks, after reading Diane Brittains blog today which has now made the BBC Highland News website - could I ask that we give Richie a rousing welcome onto the park when the players come out of the tunnel at kick-off on Saturday - a chorus of "One Richard Brittain, there's only one Richard Brittain" etc would be ace!

Think this guy needs our support given what he had to endure last Saturday - I know it was inevitable he'd get pelters from the Saints fans, but to aim abuse at his wife is out of order!

Think a massive noise and support may also potentially spur the guys onto 3 point! Shy

MON THE STAGGIES!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Disgusting some of the comments made.

The more publicity this gets the more RB becomes a target for drink fuelled knuckle draggers, I hope any incident of similar at GES as he endured in Perth last week is swiftly dealt with by our usually ineffective stewards.

Have to say though the more that comes out about the reasons for the change of mind the more sympathy and admiration I have for Richie and the way RM helped to resolve the matter.

I'm all for a warm welcome for him but are the rest of our usually subdued crowd up for it?

(08-21-2013, 09:30 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Disgusting some of the comments made.

Folks I don't do Twitter or Facebook.
But, please and in particular Richard and Dianne if you read this thread, please, please, ignore these ignorant individuals posting any nonsense.
More importantly, we, all the supporters, staff, players etc. are 100% behind you all the way.
Come on Richie, get playing good football, and hopefully stuff Saint Johnstone on the next visit.
Having said all that, Saints fans have short memories; remind them who beat ICT on the last day to help Saint Johnstone into Europe .

(08-21-2013, 09:01 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hey folks, after reading Diane Brittains blog today which has now made the BBC Highland News website - could I ask that we give Richie a rousing welcome onto the park when the players come out of the tunnel at kick-off on Saturday - a chorus of "One Richard Brittain, there's only one Richard Brittain" etc would be ace!

Think this guy needs our support given what he had to endure last Saturday - I know it was inevitable he'd get pelters from the Saints fans, but to aim abuse at his wife is out of order!

Think a massive noise and support may also potentially spur the guys onto 3 point! Shy

MON THE STAGGIES!!

It's certainly getting everywhere now, I read an article on it this morning in the Metro, which surprised me.

What about "Stand up if you support Diane Brittain"? Edited to add: At the end of the stand up a burst into "Theres only one Richard Brittain".

(08-22-2013, 07:00 PM)Boff Wrote: What about "Stand up if you support Diane Brittain"? Edited to add: At the end of the stand up a burst into "Theres only one Richard Brittain".

Or shortened to "Stand up for Dianne Brittian" then into "One Richie Brittain, there's only one Richie Brittain...."

I really want to hear something rousing on Saturday - Ben Gordon was saying today that the team love it when the fans help them......we really need to start making the GES a fortress for visiting teams.

Last season I thought the Celtic fans were excellent in the game we won 3:2 - they sang for around 20 minutes non-stop "here we go, here we go..." - but loved it when we equalised and some fans started singing "shut yer hole, shut yer hole" to the same tune.....awesome atmosphere....

I also thought the atmosphere in the first evening Highland Derby at ICT was fantastic, the Staggie fans were making so much noise - how don't we do that at home ???

Not sure how we start this or organise it, but I'm just going to start belting it out on Saturday from the main stand....please join in and give the guys a boost!!

It is a dissgrase that Richie,Diane and baby Elle are geting pelters from the St Johnstone fans I say get over it people can alwase do what they set out to do and as both Richie and Diane have said it was due to Diane's illness that they did not have much of a choice

(08-22-2013, 08:21 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 07:00 PM)Boff Wrote: What about "Stand up if you support Diane Brittain"? Edited to add: At the end of the stand up a burst into "Theres only one Richard Brittain".

Or shortened to "Stand up for Dianne Brittian" then into "One Richie Brittain, there's only one Richie Brittain...."

I really want to hear something rousing on Saturday - Ben Gordon was saying today that the team love it when the fans help them......we really need to start making the GES a fortress for visiting teams.

Last season I thought the Celtic fans were excellent in the game we won 3:2 - they sang for around 20 minutes non-stop "here we go, here we go..." - but loved it when we equalised and some fans started singing "shut yer hole, shut yer hole" to the same tune.....awesome atmosphere....

I also thought the atmosphere in the first evening Highland Derby at ICT was fantastic, the Staggie fans were making so much noise - how don't we do that at home ???

Not sure how we start this or organise it, but I'm just going to start belting it out on Saturday from the main stand....please join in and give the guys a boost!!

So. If there is only one person standing belting out songs from the west stand.....we will know who you are Big Grin
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

so how about it? In the 8th minute (his squad number) we start "stand up for Diane Brittain" round of applause then straight into "Theres only 1 Richard Brittain". It would show support and I am sure they would appreciate it.

(08-23-2013, 08:27 AM)Boff Wrote: so how about it? In the 8th minute (his squad number) we start "stand up for Diane Brittain" round of applause then straight into "Theres only 1 Richard Brittain". It would show support and I am sure they would appreciate it.

Excellent idea and for those in the majority at the GES who have no clue how to create an atmosphere in a football ground by using their voices they can just applaud politely!

And maybe go completely against their reserved Highland ways and stand as they applaud?

i fully intend to stand up and cheer with my hands in the air(mexican wave style) for his every touch of the ball, join in if you know the words.
i like the sound of the 8 minute thing mentioned by boff, can we keep it going for 8 minutes or even longer??
A thoroughly decent human being off the park as well as being our captain fantastic, lets give him the support he deserves and quite possibly needs at a time like this.

i will be standing up too...Think the Brittain family could do with the support and encouragement!

Please do not tar all St Johnstone fans with the same brush as a mindless minority who use online resources to embarrass themselves and the club. Unfortunately, every club has them. Most St Johnstone fans were disappointed with the change of heart at the time, and maybe booed a bit last week, but have now really moved on and enjoying the replacements and good start we have had. Reference to families is certainly uncalled for and how would they feel about it on the other foot. I don't tweet often, but nearly did a few weeks ago to some mindless idiots on RB's account.

Talking of embarrassment, Adams himself has referred to Steve Lomas as Lom-[censored]? Bit of fun maybe, which most can laugh at, but may stoke up unnecessary hostilities? Not a fan of people in responsible positions using social media, but their choice, but some should be more mindful of the possible consequences and relations between teams and players into the future, maybe beyond their tenure. It may be that Lomas referred to Adams in some way, but as an exiled fan I didn't notice.

Hey Ho. Good luck to the Brittains and please be as hospitable on the pitch on our next meeting as our goal difference has never been as good!

Excellent idea with the 8th minute "Stand Up For Dianne Brittain" then into "One Richie Brittain, there's only one Richie Brittain".....good suggestion Boff, let's make it a memorable moment for both Richie and his family - and no doubt it will show how much he's respected at the club!

Can't wait for tomorrow - really looking forward to this game - I still believe we have plenty time to sort out the team and get things clicking, but would be good to avoid another defeat - let's help them by giving them our full support - all three stands standing and clapping will send out a message!

Superb idea for the chanting
Pity Richie didn't have a higher squad number though,most of the arseholes in my section are still in the pie que on 8 minutes

(08-23-2013, 08:27 AM)Boff Wrote: so how about it? In the 8th minute (his squad number) we start "stand up for Diane Brittain" round of applause then straight into "Theres only 1 Richard Brittain". It would show support and I am sure they would appreciate it.

Hope you don't mind BOFF, I've suggested your idea on Twitter, and it's being very well received, so hopefully all going to tomorrow will take part and show our support for Richie.

(08-23-2013, 07:21 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote:

Hope you don't mind BOFF, I've suggested your idea on Twitter, and it's being very well received, so hopefully all going to tomorrow will take part and show our support for Richie.

Excellent - maybe we need to be a bit more organised with how we orchestrate these kind of things - special circumstances like this, and introducing a better atmosphere in general - we know how the atmosphere can spur on the players also - so lets go for it tomorrow and show those who sit on heir hands how to support the team!!!

(08-23-2013, 08:23 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:

Excellent - maybe we need to be a bit more organised with how we orchestrate these kind of things - special circumstances like this, and introducing a better atmosphere in general - we know how the atmosphere can spur on the players also - so lets go for it tomorrow and show those who sit on heir hands how to support the team!!!

Please see my suggestion on the County vs St Midden stream - THE REAPER

(08-23-2013, 08:23 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:

Delighted it is being shared will take someone better than me to organise it but I will be up joining in when it starts Smile Looking forward to it.