Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Additional players?
Thumbs Up 
After reading RM's column in todays P&J - he fully expects the manager to come and ask for a couple of additional players before the transfer window shuts.

So, with this in mind, which areas of the team would you like to see strengthened - are there any rumours linking us with anyone? Wink
Supporter Liaison Officer 

2 Strikers would be nice.....Smile
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Someone will mention Derek Riordan and I hope that person gets banned from the GES for life. Someone else will also mention something about funds not being used on Vigurs or Lawson.

The only players that would be required are a creative midfielder (the fabled Gardyne role) and another striker.

Striker and a right dirty little terrier of a midfielder that fans of every other team will hate.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Left back
And gardyne on loan would be great

(08-20-2013, 04:38 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Someone will mention Derek Riordan and I hope that person gets banned from the GES for life. Someone else will also mention something about funds not being used on Vigurs or Lawson.

The only players that would be required are a creative midfielder (the fabled Gardyne role) and another striker.

You're absolutely right we should have used these funds to try to keep Vigurs and or Lawson. Tongue

Surely the problem already is having too many new players to juggle...

(08-20-2013, 06:34 PM)Marc Bell Wrote: Surely the problem already is having too many new players to juggle...

Seems likely that that would be an important factor. We've started from scratch with personnel and tactics. Maybe naive of Del to think we'd get away with so many changes ... But he may have had little choice. Had to replace 9 bods, and then had to decide on a shape & strategy that would get the most out of the new mix of strengths.

I agree with the sense in what various folk have said about trying to keep to same team & tactics as far as practical, bringing in new players gradually. Though that is with hindsight after 2 (maybe 3?) poor performances.

So I'm not convinced that any of the 20 players who have played actually aren't good enough & need replaced.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

whats the odds on signing Ian Black?

Couple of Dutch guys would be great

Presumably bringing in a couple also means getting rid of a couple, even if only on loan. I will be disappointed if Cooper is let go. I like his quick feet and feel he could be about to come on to his game.

We had a bigger squad last season - we have reduced the size of the squad this year, so maybe there is room for a couple more - I do like the sound of a midfield terrier, a real ball winner who can get stuck in....and another striker - but not sure if it's required as some have said, I don't think the squad we have is that bad, it's just taking a bit of time for it to click!

ICT made around the same amount of changes last season and it took them around six games to get going - they then went on a decent run and almost got a euro spot.

The league will be very tight this year, and a couple of wins would fire us up the league so I do think we need to give the manager and team some time.....midfield and up front is where we would need cover as we have a a lot of defenders.

Saturday will tell us a lot about how long it's going to take - my concern is that the longer this run of defeats goes on the more pressure we'll come under - even a draw on Saturday would do me!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

We need another centre back, just in case. I suggest big Ross Tokely.

Angel

(08-20-2013, 08:05 PM)Wicky Wrote: Presumably bringing in a couple also means getting rid of a couple, even if only on loan. I will be disappointed if Cooper is let go. I like his quick feet and feel he could be about to come on to his game.

He looked good in pre-season too :/

As did Klok and neither have got a game yet this season.

(08-20-2013, 07:07 PM)kenthehood Wrote: whats the odds on signing Ian Black?

Nah, too much of a gamble......

Unless we are going to bring in something special, I dont see the point, unless there are a few about to be punted out on loan.
There have been 2 atrocious performances, and I've been quite surprised at the comments of the manager, he is usually very protective of the players and diverts flak away from them.
After the Raith game he said there would be 9? players out of the picture (and indeed Lawson was until January), but that is one of the few times I can remember him being critical.

(08-20-2013, 04:38 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Someone will mention Derek Riordan and I hope that person gets banned from the GES for life.

DOHWink

(08-20-2013, 07:52 PM)number8 Wrote: Couple of Dutch guys would be great

We're already in danger of having to rename the manager Derek Edams.

(08-21-2013, 08:59 AM)Lianacan Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 07:52 PM)number8 Wrote: Couple of Dutch guys would be great

We're already in danger of having to rename the manager Derek Edams.

Thats a bit cheesy!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(08-20-2013, 08:55 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: We need another centre back, just in case. I suggest big Ross Tokely.

Angel

Damn you, I was going to make that gag! Angry

To those calling for a ball-winning/terrier-esque midfielder, is that not what Marc Klok is meant to be?