Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No more excuses
(08-18-2013, 09:23 PM)yank Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 09:47 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Keep the faith people and stick together - I'm relatively new to the forum and have really enjoyed the discussion and opinions on here - some good common sense spoken and some heated exchange which is to be expected - that is what a forum should be for.

It's obvious that the majority of people want to revert back to the system we played last season where we used a defensive midfielder in front of a back four as per below:

------------------Brown------------------
-------------------------------------------
Kovacevic----Boyd----Munro----Gordon
-----------------Kettlewell---------------
Sproule---Brittain---Quinn---De Leeuw
-----------------Luckassen---------------

Subs: Fraser, Carey, Klok, Mustafi, Maatsen, Saunders, Micic

The strange thing is, and the thing I'm struggling to understand is that technically on paper the above team is stronger - the bench in particular is much stronger than last season.

So let's not panic and let's see what materialises over the next few weeks - the next two weeks will give us a massive indication as to how our season is going to unfold. I was totally expecting this season to be much harder with the big change in playing staff ie 9 out and 9 in - was always going to be a tough task for the management team to deal with, but also for the existing players to deal with getting used to new team mates etc.

We have a good manager and backroom team and I'm sure they are aware of where the issues are.

How you can say that this team is technically better on paper than last year? I really dont see how. Our team last year would put a good few past that team, I have had concerns that we weren't replacing the quality that left which unfortunately seems to be the case. I think we might have to admit that we just aren't as strong as we were last year and lower our expectations a little. The team will improve with time but by how much im not sure. We just need to be positive and realistic. Most importantly though stick by the team and help pull them through it.

(08-18-2013, 09:47 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Keep the faith people and stick together - I'm relatively new to the forum and have really enjoyed the discussion and opinions on here - some good common sense spoken and some heated exchange which is to be expected - that is what a forum should be for.

It's obvious that the majority of people want to revert back to the system we played last season where we used a defensive midfielder in front of a back four as per below:

------------------Brown------------------
Kovacevic----Boyd----Munro----Gordon
-----------------Kettlewell---------------
Sproule---Brittain---Quinn---De Leeuw
-----------------Luckassen---------------

Subs: Fraser, Carey, Klok, Mustafi, Maatsen, Saunders, Micic

The strange thing is, and the thing I'm struggling to understand is that technically on paper the above team is stronger - the bench in particular is much stronger than last season.

So let's not panic and let's see what materialises over the next few weeks - the next two weeks will give us a massive indication as to how our season is going to unfold. I was totally expecting this season to be much harder with the big change in playing staff ie 9 out and 9 in - was always going to be a tough task for the management team to deal with, but also for the existing players to deal with getting used to new team mates etc.

We have a good manager and backroom team and I'm sure they are aware of where the issues are.

How you can say that this team is technically better on paper than last year? I really dont see how. Our team last year would put a good few past that team, I have had concerns that we weren't replacing the quality that left which unfortunately seems to be the case. I think we might have to admit that we just aren't as strong as we were last year and lower our expectations a little. The team will improve with time but by how much im not sure. We just need to be positive and realistic. Most importantly though stick by the team and help pull them through it.

My expectations are survival - top six is a pipe dream this year unless we suddenly wake up as a team - what I'm getting at is that there is enough in that team above to do as well as last year - if not then maybe Adams is right, pick up your boots and go!

If the experienced guys left from last year show the same woeful display and lack of guts this Saturday then I think a few of them could be binned in January or be heading to Brora!

Something is seriously wrong as there is no way so many of them could be having such bad performances!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

As per last year, it is not how you start the season.................

(08-17-2013, 09:34 PM)Boff Wrote: Pre season I was vilified and bullied for daring to suggest that we may not be very good this season based on what I had seen of the team. I take no pleasure in being proven right.

The excuses included:

Pre season does not count
They are still gelling
Our season starts next week against Partick
Its early in the season

The fact is that we had a proven system and formation last year and the manager decided to change it. It was not broke so why try to fix it? We took in too many central defenders to fit in with his new plan. Klok looked like he could fill the Lawson role that was key to our system but has never been tried. We are now reaping what has been sown.

The sole blame for the start to the season must lie with the manager. He chose to change the successful formulae. He prepares the team for Saturdays and the team follow his instructions and plan. Wholesale changes in the team are an attempt to blame players for the problem and lead to fear to make a mistake on the pitch. It is also a desperate measure and a sign of lack of ideas.

This is not a sack the manager post like some will jump to conclude. Neither is it a "press the panic button" one, what ever that means. As the fault lies with the manager inflicting a system on the players that they cant play the responsibility must lie with him to go back to what worked. We need to get our defence back to the rock solid wall that it was last year. Now it is broke we need to fix it and fix it quick. I may be wrong but I dont think Kova, Boyd and Munro have played together this season yet. Lets get them back together with Gordon on the left and get someone like Klok in front of them. Give us the old system back and make us hard to beat and not the laughing stock that we are. Much as I dislike John Robertson for his allegiance over the bridge he spoke a lot of sense on the radio tonight about what is wrong. He was also genuinely shocked and disappointed at how bad we are playing.

I accept people may not agree with this and feel free to say so, just don't make it a slagging match with anyone or insult them.
Very well put I agree with everything you say,saves me doing long post,from within ranks players not happy,to much finger pointing by manager,why? To cover up for his mistake,I honestly cannot see him get things rightwithout bringing in players to play the way we know,the way we were Gordon Saunders no good nor will Carey be off benefit,had a friend ghost me into. Closed doors against Wick county scored 5 but wick had more or less second string,Barry Wilson fed false info told he was playing under twenties,when told he. Was up against first choice county,he realised wick being used as moral booster,incidentally it was same team against st Johnstone.derek made bad signings

(08-17-2013, 09:34 PM)Boff Wrote: Pre season I was vilified and bullied for daring to suggest that we may not be very good this season based on what I had seen of the team. I take no pleasure in being proven right.

The excuses included:

Pre season does not count
They are still gelling
Our season starts next week against Partick
Its early in the season

The fact is that we had a proven system and formation last year and the manager decided to change it. It was not broke so why try to fix it? We took in too many central defenders to fit in with his new plan. Klok looked like he could fill the Lawson role that was key to our system but has never been tried. We are now reaping what has been sown.

The sole blame for the start to the season must lie with the manager. He chose to change the successful formulae. He prepares the team for Saturdays and the team follow his instructions and plan. Wholesale changes in the team are an attempt to blame players for the problem and lead to fear to make a mistake on the pitch. It is also a desperate measure and a sign of lack of ideas.

This is not a sack the manager post like some will jump to conclude. Neither is it a "press the panic button" one, what ever that means. As the fault lies with the manager inflicting a system on the players that they cant play the responsibility must lie with him to go back to what worked. We need to get our defence back to the rock solid wall that it was last year. Now it is broke we need to fix it and fix it quick. I may be wrong but I dont think Kova, Boyd and Munro have played together this season yet. Lets get them back together with Gordon on the left and get someone like Klok in front of them. Give us the old system back and make us hard to beat and not the laughing stock that we are. Much as I dislike John Robertson for his allegiance over the bridge he spoke a lot of sense on the radio tonight about what is wrong. He was also genuinely shocked and disappointed at how bad we are playing.

I accept people may not agree with this and feel free to say so, just don't make it a slagging match with anyone or insult them.
Very well put I agree with everything you say,saves me doing long post,from within ranks players not happy,to much finger pointing by manager,why? To cover up for his mistake,I honestly cannot see him get things rightwithout bringing in players to play the way we know,the way we were Gordon Saunders no good nor will Carey be off benefit,had a friend ghost me into. Closed doors against Wick county scored 5 but wick had more or less second string,Barry Wilson fed false info told he was playing under twenties,when told he. Was up against first choice county,he realised wick being used as moral booster,incidentally it was same team against st Johnstone.derek made bad signings

I don't agree about the signings...I think there is potential in the team we have, I would just have played th emore experienced players with a few new faces, and slowly introduced new formations etc....county can still be a strong team....against Celtic we were formidable...but players wandering about with their heads down looking uninterested is not helping us...
I hope it's a different run out this Saturday.....I would be surprised if he plays yet another formation we are not used to...with a basically new team,
With hearts being -11 still we have plenty time to alter things, no Point worrying to much yet, if we are still looking the same in 4 or 5 weeks then we can all start to panic...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

First I have to say I have not seen much of the team so far only TV highlights and all of the Celtic game but maybe that gives me as little perspective. I should also say as I have before I don't like a back 3/5 as I think it is too easy to nulify and play against. DA must believe he can make it work, and if he can I'll be very happy but at the moment it's not.

My view on what I have seen is that we probably have as good a squad as last year if not potentialy a bit stronger and probably more dynamic. I also believe the majority of players particularly those remaining from last season are playing a system (back 3/5) they aren't comortable with. They don't play it instinctvely and this is causing chaos due to confusion and hesitation. IMO this is probably the root cause of why the players appear to lack conviction and bite on the park, they simply don't know what they are supposed to be doing. There is nothing more demoralising than getting beat when you are unable to do anything about it.

I have no problem with DA trying something new, as I always say change is good but I feel a totaly new system and so many new players may be a step too far. It seems that most teams who have had large changes of personel have continued to play a variation of system they are comfortable with, we appear to be the only team that is going through this much change.

DA may have decided that 3/5 is the way forward and is prepared to use this season as the change period. If this is the case I am uncomfortable with the public reaction to the players, I also think we supporters should be a little more understanding and less daming of their efforts, I can understand it but don't agree with it.

DA has my support but I reserve the right to question

I have to say that Reapers comment on Page 8 of the County StJ thread says what I was trying to say above much better than me - wish I'd read that first.

Saturday against St Mirren will tell us a lot - by the way, St Mirren are no mugs so another hard game for a County team that is still not firing on all cylinders.....let's hope we manage to sneak something - a draw would do to get us a point on the board!

(08-19-2013, 01:37 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Saturday against St Mirren will tell us a lot - by the way, St Mirren are no mugs so another hard game for a County team that is still not firing on all cylinders.....let's hope we manage to sneak something - a draw would do to get us a point on the board!

Yeah, I watched the highlights of the St Mirren game and thought...they were playing ok...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(08-19-2013, 01:40 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 01:37 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Saturday against St Mirren will tell us a lot - by the way, St Mirren are no mugs so another hard game for a County team that is still not firing on all cylinders.....let's hope we manage to sneak something - a draw would do to get us a point on the board!

Yeah, I watched the highlights of the St Mirren game and thought...they were playing ok...

Yep, they did quite well against Kilmarnock and will give us a game there is no doubt about that!

(08-18-2013, 10:33 PM)Tomack Wrote: Closed doors against Wick county scored 5 but wick had more or less second string,Barry Wilson fed false info told he was playing under twenties,when told he. Was up against first choice county,he realised wick being used as moral booster

Brilliant move by Del. I was beginning to worry that he was losing his touch, but this restores my faith! Also good to learn that Wick have a second string. Highland League really is looking up.

I'm amazed Wick has 22 people in the area with more than one foot.

(08-21-2013, 10:50 AM)Comrie Wrote: I'm amazed Wick has 22 people in the area with more than one foot.
..and one "i"