Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Staggies vs St Johnstone
Who is all going to the game and how do you think Del will approach the game?

Good we are finally moving on. Won't be at this one due to location, think we will see a different team in terms of players and performance.

I'm going to this one, first one of the season! Smile I think Adams will change things. Do we have Ritchie, Boyd and Sproule back?

Hopefully heading up with my dad, I don't think del will change the formation until it has been used with the likes of brittain, sproule and Boyd in it and it has been fully Tested, would like to see klok getting a game but with brittain back I don't think klok will start, think we will win this won 2-1 brittain and luckassen

How many Staggies thinking of heading down to this ? Just to let you guys know that an adult can take up to two U 12 s into the mixed Ormond Stand for £15.00

Genuinely think we will lose this one. Nevermind, Hearts and Hibs will occupy bottom slots this season.

Bus details:

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...s-bus.aspx

Brittain and Sproule are back from suspension not sure about Boyd. Im heading to this one

Looking forward to this one I've missed the first two matches as I'm on holiday but will drag the missus along to this on our way back up the road home.

I'd be very surprised if DA decided to ditch his new formation as we've only used it for a game and a half and it almost got us something away to the chumpions.

St J's are a very good and solid team, anything away to them should be considered good imo, nevertheless DA to mastermind a smash and grab 0-1 away win, Sproule to mark his comeback with the winner Smile

Is St J's goalkeeper Alan Mannus a doubt for Saturday's match?
I hear he's been replaced by our former keeper Michael McGovern in the Northern Irish national team to play Russia on Wednesday.

(08-12-2013, 01:11 PM)Hyndlandstaggie Wrote: Hopefully heading up with my dad, I don't think del will change the formation until it has been used with the likes of brittain, sproule and Boyd in it and it has been fully Tested, would like to see klok getting a game but with brittain back I don't think klok will start, think we will win this won 2-1 brittain and luckassen

If he doesn't revert back to 4 at the back, we're just asking for trouble.

Pre season is for arsing about with formations, not the start of the season.

Will be there and surely it can only be an improvement on Saturday. Must be doubts over both Boyd and Luckasson though the return of Brittain and Sproule should strengthen us considerably. Think also that Micic might get a start as he was the most impressive of the defence against Partick and looks to have been sacrificed for tactical reasons. Could Micic and Boyd play together in a back four?

St Johnstone whilst making a good start to the season were unimpressive on Saturday as well and may have lost confidence following the European exit. Also banking that DA will have the side desperate to atone for the Partick performance with a shock win on the cards - preferably with a goal from Richie as the icing on the cake.

I am glad to put the partick game behind us and look to the trip to Perth on Satuday I think with Brittian and Sproule coming back into the team they will make a differnce I just hope that DA gose back to the 4-5-1

(08-12-2013, 05:06 PM)Strathglass Wrote: St Johnstone whilst making a good start to the season were unimpressive on Saturday as well and may have lost confidence following the European exit. Also banking that DA will have the side desperate to atone for the Partick performance with a shock win on the cards - preferably with a goal from Richie as the icing on the cake.

Aye i didn't expect anything i just took what ever the result was as i felt it wouldn't be fair to put expectations on the players after last Thursday. Killie where the better team they could of won it Boyd hit the bar a couple of times but With Wotherspoon coming on for Easton we where better in the second half and Mannus pulling of some good saves i think it was a fair result in the end.
It's a big game and i know some Saints fans would love to get one over Brittain 2 - 1 Saints

(08-12-2013, 03:23 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Looking forward to this one I've missed the first two matches as I'm on holiday but will drag the missus along to this on our way back up the road home.

I'd be very surprised if DA decided to ditch his new formation as we've only used it for a game and a half and it almost got us something away to the chumpions.

St J's are a very good and solid team, anything away to them should be considered good imo, nevertheless DA to mastermind a smash and grab 0-1 away win, Sproule to mark his comeback with the winner Smile

Is St J's goalkeeper Alan Mannus a doubt for Saturday's match?
I hear he's been replaced by our former keeper Michael McGovern in the Northern Irish national team to play Russia on Wednesday.

Think your right, I doubt DA will give up on the back 3 masterplan yet but I will be very very grateful if he does.
If we play a back 3 I will hide behind the sofa and pray very hard. If we play a back 4 then I will pray just as hard but be hopeful of sneaking a positive result.

(08-12-2013, 01:44 PM)SJFC1234 Wrote: How many Staggies thinking of heading down to this ? Just to let you guys know that an adult can take up to two U 12 s into the mixed Ormond Stand for £15.00

I tried that last season with my grandson and we had to sit on our hands for the entire game. I won't do that again

(08-12-2013, 08:41 PM)Basie1234 Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 01:44 PM)SJFC1234 Wrote: How many Staggies thinking of heading down to this ? Just to let you guys know that an adult can take up to two U 12 s into the mixed Ormond Stand for £15.00

I tried that last season with my grandson and we had to sit on our hands for the entire game. I won't do that again

Was there any other County fans in the stand? Fans of other teams that go in the stand cheer

I'm not going so I hope the piper is there again.

(08-12-2013, 10:01 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I'm not going so I hope the piper is there again.

Just in case anyone wonders with the profile pic, that piper was not me! Funny enough though the last time I was at McDairmid park I was in a kilt with the noisy things, long time ago now.

It will be a tough game on Saturday,but I wouldn't expect any thing else. Richie couldn't have picked a better match to start his season.
I am looking forward to this, should have a bit more bite about it.

The away section sporting RB masks?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity