Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Staggies vs St Johnstone
To much tinkering with the team is my guess for this appalling start. We need a regular starting 11

(08-17-2013, 05:29 PM)theweehighlander Wrote: To much tinkering with the team is my guess for this appalling start. We need a regular starting 11

Agreed.....early days, not like we don't have time to sort this - better to get this out of the way early on - we have had a hard start so far - we just need a win ASAP!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Angelmy replays do not seem to be getting registered,is it because aim being honest.
Again today defence re arranged .bbut no matter who off this lot he plays he will,have trouble all brought on by himself, the buck stops at Adams door.dutch duds will get county relegated Mcic .Saunders.Gordon. Carey .maclean not good enough for an Spl club.
He must have been taking happy pills or eating Dutch cake,BOYDY and Munro are one paced players BOYDY still capable Granty Mlunro his pace is now yard short but hey,we knew that Granty minnows that,yet we did not go and get a replacement Forget this Carey man ,he is a shadow keeps disappear and re appearing ,off the players I've mentioned add the Dutch duds we are in trouble.why drop Kova Ketts Munro again defence all at sea change change change signs of a desperate man.
This lot is not and will not be good enough

There will be still some people saying it is early in season,it is the same for all teams ,
What is the matter,Adams can handle young guys but older players,naw ,we needed strengthening central midfield,righ and left back, a ball winning footballing midfielder ,and strikers,we got none

Brick 
Radio commentary said we looked lacklustre and lacking in confidence. We had a good thing going last season and had to let key personnel go. No matter how good the replacements are, it's obviously going to take a bit more time, especially with these set-backs that undermine belief. Too soon to be judging people as duds.

Maybe no 5th place finish for us this season but there is time to get the act together. Come on County!
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(08-17-2013, 05:44 PM)Gadgicoff Wrote: Angelmy replays do not seem to be getting registered,is it because aim being honest.
Again today defence re arranged .bbut no matter who off this lot he plays he will,have trouble all brought on by himself, the buck stops at Adams door.dutch duds will get county relegated Mcic .Saunders.Gordon. Carey .maclean not good enough for an Spl club.
He must have been taking happy pills or eating Dutch cake,BOYDY and Munro are one paced players BOYDY still capable Granty Mlunro his pace is now yard short but hey,we knew that Granty minnows that,yet we did not go and get a replacement Forget this Carey man ,he is a shadow keeps disappear and re appearing ,off the players I've mentioned add the Dutch duds we are in trouble.why drop Kova Ketts Munro again defence all at sea change change change signs of a desperate man.
This lot is not and will not be good enough

There will be still some people saying it is early in season,it is the same for all teams ,
What is the matter,Adams can handle young guys but older players,naw ,we needed strengthening central midfield,righ and left back, a ball winning footballing midfielder ,and strikers,we got none

Were you at the match today? You seem to have a lot to say - any chance you can give us a proper match report instead of just slaughtering every aspect of the team?

Ouch, just listened to DA's interview on Radio Scotland - very angry young man, "some players may be shown the door, others may come in before window closes". WOW, that is either going to work or seriously backfire on him.......strong words, lets hope this doesn't disrupt our dressing room too much....

Interesting viewing over the next week and who will start next Saturday ??

(08-17-2013, 05:55 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Radio commentary said we looked lacklustre and lacking in confidence. We had a good thing going last season and had to let key personnel go. No matter how good the replacements are, it's obviously going to take a bit more time, especially with these set-backs that undermine belief. Too soon to be judging people as duds.

Maybe no 5th place finish for us this season but there is time to get the act together. Come on County!

Agreed - DA has a job on his hands getting the guys back up after three defeats...

Wow. Dunno where to start. Possibly more worrying than last week.
All over us and before we knew it 2 down and game over. We couldn't string 3 passes together against what it must be said was a very impressive SJ team.
Hasselbaink tore Saunders apart time and time again, and May and Davidson were all over us.

I am rarely critical of players but I thought Micic, Saunders and to a lesser extent Gordon were all over the shop, SJ could have had 6 or 7.

We know Munro and Boyd work well together, those shouting for Munro to be dropped, think again.

Boyd and Brittain our best players for me, De Leeuw and Carey hardly got a sniff and Rocco was out of sorts.

RB showed his class, although he was hardly going to be bothered by the Perth singing section giving him the verbals, it was hardly audible anyway.

Its early days and only 3 points less than we had after 3 games last season, but our confidence looks shot to pieces.

Onwards and upwards.

(08-17-2013, 06:19 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Wow. Dunno where to start. Possibly more worrying than last week.
All over us and before we knew it 2 down and game over. We couldn't string 3 passes together against what it must be said was a very impressive SJ team.
Hasselbaink tore Saunders apart time and time again, and May and Davidson were all over us.

I am rarely critical of players but I thought Micic, Saunders and to a lesser extent Gordon were all over the shop, SJ could have had 6 or 7.

We know Munro and Boyd work well together, those shouting for Munro to be dropped, think again.

Boyd and Brittain our best players for me, De Leeuw and Carey hardly got a sniff and Rocco was out of sorts.

RB showed his class, although he was hardly going to be bothered by the Perth singing section giving him the verbals, it was hardly audible anyway.

Its early days and only 3 points less than we had after 3 games last season, but our confidence looks shot to pieces.

Onwards and upwards.

I have to agree, for now we need our guys from last season who have the experience from last term ie Brown, Kovacevic, Boyd, Munro, Brittain, Quinn, Sproule, Kettlewell - add to that, Gordon, De Leeuw and Luckassen eg only three addition....lets see what happens when we do that!!

Christ this place gets tedious and tedious every time I come back on OTB.

The past 3 seasons we've had bad starts and look what happened.

Folk need to take a look at themselves it's a new look team.

Get a grip
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

(08-17-2013, 06:27 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: Christ this place gets tedious and tedious every time I come back on OTB.

Get a grip

You are totally correct - we are overreacting as we were spoilt with success last two seasons - it was obvious that we were going to find it hard this term as we had to rebuild and replace players.....and it was obvious that St Johnstone were going to be fired up for this and Partick had the new guy impetus as well as Celtic's flag day - we have had three pretty hard games so far.......early days - lets get behind Derek and the team when they need us most!!

And before we start bleating about key players not being retained, Vigurs, Lawson, Hainult, Oikinoumo and Wholfarth wanted to leave OK - I'm sure the club would have kept them if they wanted to play here and work with our wage structure!

(08-17-2013, 06:27 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: Christ this place gets tedious and tedious every time I come back on OTB.

Get a grip

Ok, as long as the players do likewise......

Did you expect glowing reports?

How dare we indeed.........

Blind optimism it is then..........
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(08-17-2013, 06:34 PM)Blinkers Wrote:

Get a grip

I'm sure Derek and the Team know where the blame lies and I have no doubt there will be some soul searching this week in training!

(08-17-2013, 06:37 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:

Get a grip

I'm sure Derek and the Team know where the blame lies and I have no doubt there will be some soul searching this week in training!

Absolutely. Agreed it'll take time but the fact remains this is a terrible start with no obvious signs of improvement and it will attract criticism (from paying customers) until things pick up. I did badly in my pre-lims back in the day and nobody jumped to my defence. I was told a few home truths and got the kick up the a*** I needed to improve.

Let's support the team as best we can and part of that is giving them the verbal kick they need whilst applauding their successes. No-one got anywhere by ignoring faults and blindly defending honour......

I have faith but at the moment I also have disappointment and fear.

I will however continue to go each week and shout my lungs out to support the mighty Staggies when just cause is given!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(08-17-2013, 06:43 PM)Blinkers Wrote:
(08-17-2013, 06:37 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:

Get a grip

Absolutely. Agreed it'll take time but the fact remains this is a terrible start with no obvious signs of improvement and it will attract criticism (from paying customers) until things pick up. I did badly in my pre-lims back in the day and nobody jumped to my defence. I was told a few home truths and got the kick up the a*** I needed to improve.

Let's support the team as best we can and part of that is giving them the verbal kick they need whilst applauding their successes. No-one got anywhere by ignoring faults and blindly defending honour......

I have faith but at the moment I also have disappointment and fear.

I will however continue to go each week and shout my lungs out to support the mighty Staggies when just cause is given!

Well said...!!

Wrong team selection again. When I heard Munro and one of the fullbacks were being dropped, I thought Carey would have gone in for Gordon.

Very surprised to see Kova droppped. He was poor last week, but as part of last years team, him more than most last week, would have got the benefit of the doubt from me.

4 at the back, and 3 central midfielders from now is essential for me. We're way to open.

At the beginning of last season, a few of the games we played, as a spectacle were utter dross, I mind we drew with Killie 0-0 at home and it was just dire.

I gurned about the quality of the games, and I posted on here I wanted us to be more open, which of course we did become in the 2nd half of the season.

But first and foremost, we built a solid base, we made ourselves hard to beat, then progressed to be more expansive as the season went on and we added a couple of players.

Next week, Ill take us returning to being hard to beat and somewhat defensive with 3 central midfield players in a 4-5-1 formation - and a turgid, one chance in the game, deflected stinking crap goal and us winning 1-0.

And I promise I won't gurn, I'll be delighted.

We've got a cracking squad, some real quality players, it's just about getting the system right, then building confidence with a couple of results.

I'll support the team through thick and thin but two humpings in three is not a great start to begin with. So far we've managed to score one goal (a deflected effort) and conceded eight. We're a better side than this, we just need things to click.

(08-17-2013, 07:04 PM)Comrie Wrote: I'll support the team through thick and thin but two humpings in three is not a great start to begin with. So far we've managed to score one goal (a deflected effort) and conceded eight. We're a better side than this, we just need things to click.

Thought we scored against Celtic too?

First of all, nice to meet a few guys in Sportsters before and after. Forget your names on here. Apologies.

Onto the game, I actually can't be arsed going into it. As I said in last weekends thread, how long will it take the new boys to bed in? Other sides seem to be working fine, just seem to be us still finding our feet.

St.Mirren next weekend, if we don't win that then we have to go away to Hibs looking for our first win and possibly there's.

Interesting few weeks in front of us. As I put in the 2013/14 Fixtures thread "Need to make the home games count with that start." This couldn't be more true now.

(08-17-2013, 07:04 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: Wrong team selection again. When I heard Munro and one of the fullbacks were being dropped, I thought Carey would have gone in for Gordon.

Very surprised to see Kova droppped. He was poor last week, but as part of last years team, him more than most last week, would have got the benefit of the doubt from me.

4 at the back, and 3 central midfielders from now is essential for me. We're way to open.

At the beginning of last season, a few of the games we played, as a spectacle were utter dross, I mind we drew with Killie 0-0 at home and it was just dire.

I gurned about the quality of the games, and I posted on here I wanted us to be more open, which of course we did become in the 2nd half of the season.

But first and foremost, we built a solid base, we made ourselves hard to beat, then progressed to be more expansive as the season went on and we added a couple of players.

Next week, Ill take us returning to being hard to beat and somewhat defensive with 3 central midfield players in a 4-5-1 formation - and a turgid, one chance in the game, deflected stinking crap goal and us winning 1-0.

And I promise I won't gurn, I'll be delighted.

We've got a cracking squad, some real quality players, it's just about getting the system right, then building confidence with a couple of results.

Oh hell yes I remember some of these dire games - but at least we were stuffy and hard to beat - let's get back to that!

A dreadful start to the season but no need to panic just yet.

What is begining to worry me more than the lack of points is the number of goals we are shipping. We were very fortunate only to concede four today, if St Johnstone had their shooting boots on it could have been twice that.

If we are in a battle to avoid relegation or the play off place then that goal difference could be our undoing. The first priority must be to tighten up at the back.

I expected a bit more this week with Richard, Ivan and Scott coming back into the side, but we maybe need to realise that these three guys have just had their first competitive game against a very good St Johnstone side who have started their season ahead of us having euro ties in which they did very well.

So a draw today was the most I was hoping for - what I wasn't expecting was the further changes made to the side - Munro and Kovacevic being dropped or injured whatever - again this hasn't helped us?

As I've said earlier - we maybe need to stick with the guys from last season and ease in the new guys some from the bench etc - surely this will give us more stability ie team below would have 8 regulars eg more settled in the early part of the season -

--------------------Brown-----------------
--------------------------------------------
Kovacevic-----Boyd---Munro------Carey
Sproule----Brittain---Quinn---Kettlewell
---------------------------De Leeuw------
-------------------Luckassen-------------