Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Staggies v Jags
First home game of the new season. New pitch. Improved stadium. Loads of exciting new players. Good chance of a win. Tomorrow.

And yet nobody is talking about it on here. Am I missing something?

Nope...we are all so excited we forgot.....oops.

Our first home game of the season should be a pretty lively affair, and I am led to believe we have sold more season tickets than last season....so here's hoping its busy...

The new and improved team should be great, they will hopefully already be accustomed to the new pitch and be happy playing on it....and in true Scottish style it's peeing down with rain...Smile

I have a mad busy day...taking the kids paint balling...I hope to survive, and make the game tomorrow....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

No idea what the starting 11 will be.
Brittain and Sproule still suspended.
Boyd and De Leeuw reported as fit (RS Journal), De Leeuw apparently impressive for the U20s on Tuesday night.

Looking forward to it, should be a decent crowd.

It will be tough to work out what formation we play never mind what players will play.

Hopefully we will add another body in the middle of the park, or Ketts and Quinn will be over run.

My pick would be

---------------Brown--------------

Kova-----Micic-----Munro-----Gordon

----------------Klok-----------------

Maatsen-----Quinn----Ketts-------De Leeuw

---------------Luckaseen---------

Subs- Carey,Boyd,Mustafi,McLean,Saunders,Cooper,Fraser

What ever team goes out our bench is much stronger in my view than last season, especially when the 2 suspended players come back
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Heading to dingwall today. Up for the wkend so as it's my birthday today my wish is for a great performance and a win for the staggies would make my wkend and after game few drinks even better. cmon the countyBig Grin

Have not got tickets yet but will hopefully be there Tomorrow, heading down to Dingwall Tonight. BRING IT ON!!!

I see Kallum Higgingbottom has signed for Jags. Good player, would have been a nice fit at County actually
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(08-09-2013, 09:06 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: It will be tough to work out what formation we play never mind what players will play.

Hopefully we will add another body in the middle of the park, or Ketts and Quinn will be over run.

My pick would be

What ever team goes out our bench is much stronger in my view than last season, especially when the 2 suspended players come back

Yeah that line up would be my shout
Has Mustafi signed on? Ive seen nothing to confirm

Think with so many younger attacking minded payers the defence will be crucial, if the Brown Munro Micic (or Boyd) and Klok are solid then the rest of the team inc full backs will have the confidence to go at the opposition which could be awsome to watch.
Only adjustment to the formation I think is that if Klok plays then Ketts might be more defencive and stick close to him for a few games not quite a 4231 but nearly.
Whatever the formation I guess tomorrow we'll find out if DA's cunning plan is gonna fly.
Nervous - Oh Yes, excited - Very
Mon County

Would be surprised if we played Munro and Micic together in a flat back four.

Boyd back in or Maclean to start with either.

Kova-----Boyd-----Munro-----Gordon

Quinn-----Kettlewell---------Carey

----------------De Leeuw-----------------

Subs: Fraser Micic Maatsen Mustafi Ross MacLean Cooper/Saunders
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(08-09-2013, 10:04 AM)dorsetstaggie Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 09:06 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: It will be tough to work out what formation we play never mind what players will play.

My pick would be

Yeah that line up would be my shout

Think with so many younger attacking minded payers the defence will be crucial, if the Brown Munro Micic (or Boyd) and Klok are solid then the rest of the team inc full backs will have the confidence to go at the opposition which could be awsome to watch.
Only adjustment to the formation I think is that if Klok plays then Ketts might be more defencive and stick close to him for a few games not quite a 4231 but nearly.
Whatever the formation I guess tomorrow we'll find out if DA's cunning plan is gonna fly.
Mon County

Hope so, he was playing against Celtic last weekend!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(08-09-2013, 10:04 AM)dorsetstaggie Wrote: Has Mustafi signed on? Ive seen nothing to confirm
I think so considering he played against Celtic.

Gutted I can't make it up for this match. Got too much things going on this weekend moving flats.

It should be a good match as both teams like to pass it on the deck. Fancy us to sneak it 2-1.

(08-09-2013, 11:08 AM)Blinkers Wrote: Yeah that line up would be my shout

Mon County

Hope so, he was playing against Celtic last weekend!
[/quote]

Ahhh yes - its good to be right on top of things and on the ball Huh
Sober as well!! Dooh

Really looking forward to this. Trying not to be complacent or take anything for granted, but fully demanding a WIN. And, (encouraged by the Celtic reports) a good performance, albeit probably an element of still gelling.

2 - 1 please. Goals from Forwards /Wingers.

And a good crowd.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

I honestly think we'll pump them.

County -2 is 17/2.

Over confident? Possibly. We'll see.

I fancy/hope big Luckassen will get off the mark tomorrow.
They never came North of Culloden

(08-09-2013, 12:46 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: I fancy/hope big Luckassen will get off the mark tomorrow.

The bookies strongly fancy him to do so, he's only 4/1 for first goalscorer.

To score anytime, he's evens!

(08-09-2013, 09:11 AM)foddertystaggie Wrote: Heading to dingwall today. Up for the wkend so as it's my birthday today my wish is for a great performance and a win for the staggies would make my wkend and after game few drinks even better. cmon the countyBig Grin

Happy B'Day! Big Grin

3-1 mustafi klok carey

I think we will win and the team will be
Brown
Kova-Sunders-Boyd-Munro-Gordon
Carey-Ketts-Quinn-Carey
Luckassen
Subs Fraser-Micic-De Leeuw-Cooper-Klok-McLean-Ross

(08-09-2013, 02:11 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I think we will win and the team will be
Brown
Kova-Sunders-Boyd-Munro-Gordon
Carey-Ketts-Quinn-Carey
Luckassen
Subs Fraser-Micic-De Leeuw-Cooper-Klok-McLean-Ross

I very much doubt we will line up like that Wink