Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Geordie Barnetson RIP.
County Legend and best Groundsman ever. Pitch was always immaculate when he was in charge. Passed away Thursday. GBNF.

Aye, a true County man and a lovely guy.

R.I.P
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

See George at work 0:38

Will be sadly missed, in the same league as Davie Hamilton and Chic Ogilvie, they were part of the furniture of Victoria Park Sad
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

Stayed round the corner from Geordie - a gentleman and top groundsman, agree with the comment that he was in the same league as Davie Hamilton and Chic Ogilvie....sad loss to the town RIP Geordie!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I understand that his funeral service will actually be this coming Saturday at Victoria Park. Not sure about the time.

Seems highly appropriate somehow when the pitch is looking so pristine.

(07-27-2013, 07:15 PM)SussexStaggie Wrote: County Legend and best Groundsman ever. Pitch was always immaculate when he was in charge. Passed away Thursday. GBNF.

I played in same Alness team as George then he played for years with black rock always full of encouragement nice man

(07-27-2013, 07:15 PM)SussexStaggie Wrote: County Legend and best Groundsman ever. Pitch was always immaculate when he was in charge. Passed away Thursday. GBNF.

I played in same Alness team as George then he played for years with black rock always full of encouragement nice man gadiecoff

RIP Geordie Barnetson County Legend