Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scotland vs. England
Anyone heading to Wembley then? Me and 3 others are planning it.

I live in hope for a win. Doubt it highly though.

Missing it unfortunately. See the squads been named today:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23402771

Scotland squad:
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool) David Marshall (Cardiff City) Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion) Steven Hammell (Motherwell) Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers) Alan Hutton (Aston Villa) Russell Martin (Norwich City) Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic) Andy Webster (Unattached) Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Stoke City) Barry Bannan (Aston Villa) George Boyd (Hull City) Liam Bridcutt (Brighton and Hove Albion) Chris Burke (Birmingham City) Scott Brown (Celtic) Craig Conway (Cardiff City) Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion) James Forrest (Celtic) Gary Mackay-Steven (Dundee United) Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic) James McArthur (Wigan Athletic) James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Forwards: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton Wanderers) Steven Naismith (Everton) Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps) Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

29 Players...

Kenny Miller.....

I mean we could at least pretend to take it seriously.

Still not sure why Alan Hutton is getting a game for the national side...

Or Andy "No Club" Webster.

Anyone else agree that the way the SFA sells tickets for away games is comical?

Hopefully not too long now until we see Jonny Russell in that squad.
They never came North of Culloden

(07-26-2013, 10:56 AM)Comrie Wrote: Still not sure why Alan Hutton is getting a game for the national side...

Granted he hasn't been at his best recently, but given there was players worth £30 million plus in that Croatian side, and Alan Hutton was the clear stand out player in that game, I'd say he's probably done enough to earn a call up for this game.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Hutton, Millar, Webster are there to swell the crowd as the are all fully paid-up members of the "watp" club like all the paymasters in the SFA.

The fans from outside Glasgow do not count as much. Angel
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Kenny Millar, Scott Brown and the rest of the awol squad shouldn't be getting a game.

The game has pride at stake but not much else.

Gordon Strachan shouldn't have even considered them after leaving us in the lurch against Croatia (which the stand in squad dealt with amicably.)

(07-31-2013, 08:11 AM)ShEp Wrote: Kenny Millar, Scott Brown and the rest of the awol squad shouldn't be getting a game.

The game has pride at stake but not much else.

Gordon Strachan shouldn't have even considered them after leaving us in the lurch against Croatia (which the stand in squad dealt with amicably.)

Sack Strachan!

We looked like we tired pretty badly as the game went on.

Yeah, maybe a step too far having that game so soon after the qualifier on Friday.....actually thought England played the game really well and pressed us high up the park, not the way they normally play, but the atmosphere appeared to work for them and they didn't give us any time on the ball....man for man better than us all over the park.
Supporter Liaison Officer