Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Man Utd coming to Victoria Park
It has been confirmed, Ross County v Man Utd, Saturday 20th July.

Now, I am both hacked off and confused. hacked off 'cos I will be on holiday, surely they could have consulted!

And confused....will the pitch really be ready? If memory serves me right we had an earlier start last time, and were asking for the 1st game to be away to maximise the chance the grass got to bed in (of course the SPL ignored that request).

What's happening with the previously announced friendly against Wick? That was supposed to be on the 20th of July, too.

The Man Utd team will be all weans and walking wounded, but it should be worth going to I reckon.

I posted this on another thread but thout it was more likely to be answered on this one
What year was it we last played them in Dingwall? 74/75? Holton & Buchan era? Tommy Docherty was manager and I think he was friendly with the Newtons as he also took other teams he managed up to Dingwall. Rotherham, Aston Villa and even a Scottish Youth team when he was manager

(06-12-2013, 04:17 PM)Skippers Son Wrote: I posted this on another thread but thout it was more likely to be answered on this one
What year was it we last played them in Dingwall? 74/75? Holton & Buchan era? Tommy Docherty was manager and I think he was friendly with the Newtons as he also took other teams he managed up to Dingwall. Rotherham, Aston Villa and even a Scottish Youth team when he was manager

Saturday 11th August 1972 kick off 6.45pm. 0-2 win to Man U

(06-12-2013, 07:37 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 04:17 PM)Skippers Son Wrote: I posted this on another thread but thout it was more likely to be answered on this one

Remember it well,helped out at the turnstiles

Man United play A-League All Stars in Austrailia on the same day so I imagine just about all of the first team squad will be over there. Hopefully there will be one or two players up though that most fans would have heard of.

Bet they send Fletcher up as captain.

As already pointed out, United's 1st team squad are touring Asia this summer, so the vast majority of senior players will be on that tour. Really hope that the club make it clear to folk that it won't be a team full of household names playing us- would hate to see folk buy tickets expecting to see RVP & the like, then get the hump with the club when they don't appear. The P&J article breaking the news today was more than a little misleading, featuring a picture of Giggs & RVP

United head off on tour around about the 10th-11th July, so we'll get a better idea then, but here's a stab at the sort of team we can expect to see at the GES on July 20th (and no, Michael & Will Keane are no relation of Roy)
GK- Sam Johnstone
RB- Michael Keane
CB- Scott Wootton
CB- Marnick Vermijl
LB- Fabio
RM- Jesse Lingard
CM- Darren Fletcher (health permitting)
CM- Nick Powell
LM- Tyler Blackett
ST- Will Keane
ST- Angelo Henriquez
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Cheers mate thought it was later than that. If I remember correctly the admission prices were put up( to a £1 I think) County thinking they would make a fortune but a lot were put off by the price hike!!!!
Although if Hambo was on the gate ......maybe the whole story hasn't come out yet !!!!

(06-12-2013, 10:00 PM)Skippers Son Wrote:

Cheers mate thought it was later than that. If I remember correctly the admission prices were put up( to a £1 I think) County thinking they would make a fortune but a lot were put off by the price hike!!!!
Although if Hambo was on the gate ......maybe the whole story hasn't come out yet !!!!
just flicking through the official two sided souvenir programme nothing about admission prices but this piece of memorabilia cost the pricely sum of 5 new pence.

Remember the game. We put up crush barriers behind the goals in anticipation of a full house that for some reason didn't materialise.

Man U were a big club in those days but far from the global brand they are now.

This year's visit may be a team of youngsters and fringe players but it should give us a good workout prior to the start of the season and the proceeds of what is bound to be a full house this time ought to go some way towards the cost of pitch and ground improvements.

Never mind who plays, will Fergie make an appearance now that he has time....maybe he will fancy a wee trip to the Highlands.

Ticket details:

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ewals.aspx

Sadly I can't make this as I'll be offshore. Is it just me or is £20 for a friendly a bit steep?

£20 would be a bargain if we were going to see anything like their first team but given the likely line up of the Man United XI, I agree it is a bit on the steep side but maybe United are charging an appearance fee and we have to cover that cost.

(06-12-2013, 10:48 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 10:00 PM)Skippers Son Wrote:

just flicking through the official two sided souvenir programme nothing about admission prices but this piece of memorabilia cost the pricely sum of 5 new pence.

programme recently sold on ebay for £132 so look after yours

Got to be honest £20 is ok for a one off special, even if it is the 3rd string. By the time I add fuel from dorset + accomodation for 2 nights & the inevitable curry and visit to the Mallard it makes little difference.
Planning on coming up for this with my Brother in Law who is a ManU fan but my usual hotel in Inverness is fully booked, might try the Tulloch but its a touch pricey - any suggestions gratefuly recieved - PM me with any ideas.

(06-13-2013, 12:03 PM)dorsetstaggie Wrote: Got to be honest £20 is ok for a one off special, even if it is the 3rd string. By the time I add fuel from dorset + accomodation for 2 nights & the inevitable curry and visit to the Mallard it makes little difference.
Planning on coming up for this with my Brother in Law who is a ManU fan but my usual hotel in Inverness is fully booked, might try the Tulloch but its a touch pricey - any suggestions gratefuly recieved - PM me with any ideas.

Your enthusiasm has been spotted: "After unprecedented demand from football fans from as far afield as Dorset..."

(06-13-2013, 01:10 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote:
(06-13-2013, 12:03 PM)dorsetstaggie Wrote: Got to be honest £20 is ok for a one off special, even if it is the 3rd string. By the time I add fuel from dorset + accomodation for 2 nights & the inevitable curry and visit to the Mallard it makes little difference.

Your enthusiasm has been spotted: "After unprecedented demand from football fans from as far afield as Dorset..."

Can add Australia to the list too. It falls on the only weekend we have off on our holiday home next month Smile

Should be a cracking day out. Cant wait for this one!