Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Votes - 1.9 Average
Former Players & Managers
(08-13-2021, 10:50 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Josh Reid started for Coventry on Saturday .
Doesn't look like he was involved on Saturday. He started in a 2-1 home defeat to Northampton on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup. Played the full 90. According to their website they made 10 changes from the league game. 

Coventry Manager Comments “I think there are some things he does well and other things he needs to do better, but he’s not on his own.

“I think defensively, first and foremost, we have got to be able to defend and enjoy defending, and I don’t think any of the defenders did that."

Not the most positive feedback but hopefully he'll get more chances, he's still only 19. Did also notice he's not listed in the first team squad just in the under 23's.

(08-13-2021, 01:23 PM)RCChimp Wrote: “I think defensively, first and foremost, we have got to be able to defend and enjoy defending, and I don’t think any of the defenders did that."

Not the most positive feedback but hopefully he'll get more chances, he's still only 19. Did also notice he's not listed in the first team squad just in the under 23's.

Reid was never particularly good at defending with us tbf, was more of a progressive, attack minded full back.

(08-13-2021, 01:23 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Doesn't look like he was involved on Saturday. He started in a 2-1 home defeat to Northampton on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup. Played the full 90. According to their website they made 10 changes from the league game. 

Coventry Manager Comments “I think there are some things he does well and other things he needs to do better, but he’s not on his own.

“I think defensively, first and foremost, we have got to be able to defend and enjoy defending, and I don’t think any of the defenders did that."

Yeah correct Wednesday,just heard he got a start and assumed it was Saturday.

Ross stewart scores again for Sunderland, their loving him and calling him the Loch Ness drogba.
Hope county had the sense to include a significant sell on % fee.

(08-14-2021, 04:01 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Ross stewart scores again for Sunderland, their loving him and calling him the Loch Ness drogba.
Hope county had the sense to include a significant sell on % fee.
It's amazing what can happen when a striker is played upfront and not out wide...take note Stuart Kettlewell!

Unless I've missed it, I've not heard of him (Kettlewell) being linked with any clubs?

(08-14-2021, 05:06 PM)weeyin86 Wrote: It's amazing what can happen when a striker is played upfront and not out wide...take note Stuart Kettlewell!

Unless I've missed it, I've not heard of him (Kettlewell) being linked with any clubs?

He was interviewed for the Falkirk job.

(08-14-2021, 05:06 PM)weeyin86 Wrote: It's amazing what can happen when a striker is played upfront and not out wide...take note Stuart Kettlewell!

Was it not Kettlewell who took him to County?

(08-13-2021, 01:23 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Doesn't look like he was involved on Saturday. He started in a 2-1 home defeat to Northampton on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup. Played the full 90. According to their website they made 10 changes from the league game. 

I sincerely hope that he does very well at Coventry, very best wishes to him.
Remember in 10 years time when your playing career is coming to an end, you have gained years of experience, stature etc, don’t forget the road home.
Come back and captain the club, perhaps a refined midfielder?

From my post when Josh departed.

(08-17-2021, 08:44 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Was it not Kettlewell who took him to County?
Think you are correct Tattie.

(08-17-2021, 08:44 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Was it not Kettlewell who took him to County?
If I'm understanding you right, you're asking if Kettlewell took Ross Stewart to County? If so, that's partly right...was him and Ferguson

(08-17-2021, 09:39 PM)weeyin86 Wrote: If I'm understanding you right, you're asking if Kettlewell took Ross Stewart to County? If so, that's partly right...was him and Ferguson
Just appeared to be a criticism of Kettlewell in your post, a Ross County legend,who did so much for our club, unfortunately his managerial stint ,joint and singularly, was a bit of a rollercoaster.
My point being, he (and Ferguson) recognised Ross Stewart’s potential, unlike Alan Stubbs,and took him to County,to be sold on at profit.

Shockerooni! Stuart Taylor announced as new Hamilton Accies manager

(08-20-2021, 10:55 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Just appeared to be a criticism of Kettlewell in your post, a Ross County legend,who did so much for our club, unfortunately his managerial stint ,joint and singularly, was a bit of a rollercoaster.
My point being, he (and Ferguson) recognised Ross Stewart’s potential, unlike Alan Stubbs,and took him to County,to be sold on at profit.

Shockerooni! Stuart Taylor announced as new Hamilton Accies manager
I see what you're saying about Fergie and Kettlewell taking him to County but Stewart seemed to be playing out of position more after Kettlewell took sole charge from what I can recall.  Of course Kettlewell is a legend as a player, there's no doubt about that

Yogi Hughes was on the latest open goal "right n the coupon show", worth watching as speaks a fair bit about his time at County and also some of the methods of Macgregor when there.

https://youtu.be/TMLWdbgbrEU

Graham Carey scored in Rome against José's Roma on Thursday night, he plays with CSKA Sofia now.

He’s a class act. One of our better players in recent years.

Ross Draper signs for Elgin, on loan.

Apparently Draper can't get or stay fit.

Think he's done as a full time player tbh.

Grivosti scores vs caley to put Elgin 2-0 up you love to see it

Billy Mckay scored a hattrick as Caley came back to win 4-2, though.

Brian Graham having excellent game tonight.