OvertheBridge
Central Supporters Club - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: The "Central Staggies" Section (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Central Supporters Club (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Central Supporters Club - Slatefordstag - 03-04-2012

Off the back of the whole Atmosphere Thread, Myself and a few others notable Staggy4Life and StrathyStaggie all Three based in Central Scotland had a chat (very brief Facebook one) about a supporters club based in Central Scotland.

During countless away games this season you tend to see the same faces at most of them which must mean there are a good number of us down in and around Edinburgh and Glasgow and in-between!

Normally at away games there are County fans spread all over the place mainly due to nobody knowing each other therefore making any atmosphere broken at best!

Hence what would people feel about some sort of supporters club to try and bring us together to improve away atmospheres and also home games when we make the journey north?

Its a difficult one being based in separate cities and the Fact there isn’t any teams in Edinburgh to currently play! However a rough idea we had was to pick a meeting place in each City (Edinburgh being a bit more involved next season.......hopefully) pre match booze then head to the game as one!!

Normally at away games currently there are about 4 or 5 of us that sit together but as i mentioned the rest of the 80 or so are usually familiar faces albeit i know almost nobodies name!

What do we think Central staggies!

RE: Central Supporters Club - Five Minutes from the Ground - 03-04-2012

Well if Queen of the South can have a Shrewsbury branch of their supporter's club (flag at the game yesterday), a central Scotland one sounds like a good plan. Good luck.

Mather's Bar in Edinburgh (the one in Broughton Street, not the West End one) used to have a Ross County shirt on the wall - not sure if it is still there.

RE: Central Supporters Club - stirlingshire_staggie - 03-04-2012

I 100% agree with this one. I spoke to S4L when we were on the Morton bus about this. I would happily be a member of this.

Also would chip in to get a banner done.

RE: Central Supporters Club - poop on my chest - 03-04-2012

you mean ultras

RE: Central Supporters Club - edinburghexile - 03-04-2012

Let me know if any meetings are being set up and I will try to come along (plus my son).

RE: Central Supporters Club - thejailender - 03-04-2012

There used to be a supporters club based in Edinburgh. Can't remember where it was based exactly, but the bloke Taz used to be chairman..

I'll see if I can find any more info on it.

RE: Central Supporters Club - staggie34 - 03-04-2012

I'd join too, ableit a distant member. The central belt are the best games for me to get to.

RE: Central Supporters Club - Slatefordstag - 03-05-2012

If you could find out Jailender that would be useful!

I don’t think Ultras are the right way to go! these tend to be a bit crap in Scotland and generally end in ridicule! Rangers and Celtic are about the only two that manage to pull this off and even then its a bit mmmmmmmmmyeh compared to European efforts!

due to Central Scotland covering a considerable area the best way forward for this could be to get a Pub in Glasgow and Edinburgh to base out of for games then either head north on the odd occasion or then head somewhere near to the Ground we are playing at.

As for Pubs its open to suggestions! ill try and investigate Mather's in Edinburgh as if they do have a county top its fairly central close to Waverly also and visionary should be rewarded!! It also has a very long standing history in Edinburgh i think it used to be a recording studio??

as for Banners i could re-brand one of the Flags that i currently have!

I’m thinking Partick Thistle away on the 24th March could be a ideal starting point!

RE: Central Supporters Club - Five Minutes from the Ground - 03-05-2012

(03-05-2012, 11:50 AM)Slatefordstag Wrote: i think it used to be a recording studio??

Don't think so. Been a traditional pub since at least the mid 1960s and I suspect long before then as well. Here's a photo from the mid 1980s: http://www.edinburghgigarchive.com/page15.htm

It had the Ross County top (in a frame, on the wall behind the bar - no other tops) up from at least the mid 1990s until the mid 2000s (when I was last in).

RE: Central Supporters Club - katho - 03-05-2012

Cool, good idea–I would be up for that too, mainly as I usually go to the games by myself and see the same faces too..and a pre-match pint is always a good idea.

RE: Central Supporters Club - StrathyStaggie - 03-05-2012

We could make an attempt to meet up before the game this Saturday if anyone is taking the train through to Hamilton?

RE: Central Supporters Club - Tireseas - 03-05-2012

I'm sending a bunch of County stuff to the Palme Bar in Cologne - one of the FC Koln supporters' bars over there. I introduced them to the Staggies last summer. One coming over for the Falkirk game on the 17th.

RE: Central Supporters Club - calum6r4 - 03-05-2012

I'd be up for this too. Having recently become a "central staggie" myself, this forum itself has been great for meeting up with and getting to know some of the other away day regulars, so something along the lines of supporters club would do no harm I'm sure!

RE: Central Supporters Club - SteakpieStaggie - 03-05-2012

Me and a few flatmates would definitely be up for it, our downfall with making away games is down to pure disorganisation! need to match a face with some of the names on here as well! lets roll out the "central staggies" union jack flags! Tongue

RE: Central Supporters Club - dawyckstag - 03-05-2012

(03-05-2012, 08:39 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: Me and a few flatmates would definitely be up for it, our downfall with making away games is down to pure disorganisation! need to match a face with some of the names on here as well! lets roll out the "central staggies" union jack flags! Tongue
You were doing alright up until union jack flagsHuh just because the tax dodgers are going down the pan doesn't mean we have to replace themAngry

RE: Central Supporters Club - SteakpieStaggie - 03-05-2012

(03-05-2012, 08:50 PM)dawyckstag Wrote:
(03-05-2012, 08:39 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: Me and a few flatmates would definitely be up for it, our downfall with making away games is down to pure disorganisation! need to match a face with some of the names on here as well! lets roll out the "central staggies" union jack flags! Tongue
You were doing alright up until union jack flagsHuh just because the tax dodgers are going down the pan doesn't mean we have to replace themAngry

someone has to replace one of the biggest clubs in Scotland Cool Tongue

RE: Central Supporters Club - poop on my chest - 03-05-2012

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/flagdesigner.php
this might give you a hand for what you are looking for .

RE: Central Supporters Club - dingwall.cof - 03-05-2012

(03-04-2012, 10:49 PM)thejailender Wrote: There used to be a supporters club based in Edinburgh. Can't remember where it was based exactly, but the bloke Taz used to be chairman..

I'll see if I can find any more info on it.

Your spot on with that TJE Taz was the organiser, his pals Tam and Jerry were at just about everygame home and away without fail in the 3rd division and wee Brian and a whole squad of them. The Pub was on the Roundabout at Broughton Street, where a coffee shop called Mezz is now, it used to be called the BellVue, there was all sorts of County stuff on the walls. That was BaseCamp for the longtrips to Berwick Rangers Away and for the Hearts League Cup game in 1998. It Changed to the Murrayfield bar a few years later, but then that fizzled out.

Although living up north, it would be good for fans up here to be able to touch base at pubs in Glasgow and Edinburgh before big games (if we get promotion, still an if...). Unlike the rest of Scottish football where the nearest boozer to the ground does the job, In the bigger cities, I prefer the bigger pubs and the banter and decent food in the centres, as some of the pubs closer to the ground aren't always the most welcoming. Exception to that is Edinburgh, where most pubs are decent.

RE: Central Supporters Club - Slatefordstag - 03-05-2012

This seems to be gathering support! In terms of flags don't worry about that I have two already albeit they are currently sewing together! (never unpicked the stiching since the SC final)

One of them can easily be modifed/ words added and no union jack required although it is dark blue white and red!

RE: Central Supporters Club - StuartTaylor - 03-06-2012

(03-05-2012, 11:00 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote: [quote='thejailender' pid='4448' dateline='1330897740']
Your spot on with that TJE Taz was the organiser, his pals Tam and Jerry were at just about everygame home and away without fail in the 3rd division and wee Brian and a whole squad of them.

Not seen them for ages, do they still attend games?
And whatever happened to Tree?!