OvertheBridge
County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 (/showthread.php?tid=2388)

County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - Despot - 08-19-2020

Another interesting game on Saturday, with St. Mirren also having made a good start.

They've won two out of three, we've won two out of four. Neither of us score that many goals, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up 1-1.

I wouldn't expect that many changes, though I will hope our current form of "good first half, awful first twenty minutes of the second" comes to an end.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - Deas_pie_staggie - 08-19-2020

(08-19-2020, 06:42 AM)Despot Wrote: Another interesting game on Saturday, with St. Mirren also having made a good start.

They've won two out of three, we've won two out of four. Neither of us score that many goals, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up 1-1.

I wouldn't expect that many changes, though I will hope our current form of "good first half, awful first twenty minutes of the second" comes to an end.
Reversal of last year when we rank rotten first half, then played a blinder second half always coming from a goal or 2 down. Maybe by next year we might play solidly for the 90 mins?

Hopefully Stewart and Mckay will have their shooting boots on and take a 2-0 lead into half time and edge of seat second half to win 2-1.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - frankthetank - 08-20-2020

Tough game but surely we can target Fraser with high balls as he's crap in the air.

1-2 away win.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - Brick on the wall - 08-22-2020

Even this early in the season this is a very important game for us. St Mirren are the type of team we really need to take points from. It won’t be easy as they have started well.

Wouldn’t expect huge changes but personally I would like to see Ross Stewart leading the line and maybe Lee Erwin backing him up as we take the game to them.

Interesting that Doohan and Kelly have been picked for the Scotland under 21’s yet haven’t featured for us yet. Especially surprised Kelly hasn’t had any game time at all. Doohan has a harder task as Laidlaw has been pretty sound overall.

I’m sure Stuart will have everyone fired up and hopefully we will climb back up the slippery slope !!

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - Despot - 08-22-2020

Decent point in the end.

Played well enough in bursts but a lot of the defending wasn't great. Need to work on crossing, the vast majority of what was put into the box was dreadful.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - murray aberdeen stagg - 08-23-2020

Would have settled for a point before kickoff. Chick Young was so biased on the radio! Definite red card which changed the game in our favour. Watson & Tremarco did well when they came on & will give Ketts food for thought. Our strikers need to step up to the mark. Tough game next week at Livi.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - USSR Tycoon - 08-23-2020

Good point away but can't help feeling that it was a missed opportunity for three points. Too many yellow cards from the usual culprits. I would like to see Tremarco retain the left back position as I feel he is our best option there. Reid has done well but Tremarco is better.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 22/08 - Despot - 08-23-2020

(08-23-2020, 10:09 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Good point away but can't help feeling that it was a missed opportunity for three points. Too many yellow cards from the usual culprits. I would like to see Tremarco retain the left back position as I feel he is our best option there. Reid has done well but Tremarco is better.

We looked a lot more solid when Tremarco came on.