OvertheBridge
County v United on Saturday! - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: County v United on Saturday! (/showthread.php?tid=2387)

County v United on Saturday! - Les Westander - 08-13-2020

Another "Home" game. Should be as keenly contested as any. I'd like us to avoid the mistakes of the Killie game, which means 100% concentration from start to finish. But otherwise I've been very impressed with the 2020/21 team so far.

So much so that I think we'll win this match, scoring two goals. Don't know who'll score them as I'm not a flipping clairvoyant.

RE: County v United on Saturday! - the reaper - 08-13-2020

(08-13-2020, 06:24 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Another "Home" game. Should be as keenly contested as any. I'd like us to avoid the mistakes of the Killie game, which means 100% concentration from start to finish. But otherwise I've been very impressed with the 2020/21 team so far.

So much so that I think we'll win this match, scoring two goals. Don't know who'll score them as I'm not a flipping clairvoyant.
It's a strange start to the season in that we've handled the pressure very well and bar two mistakes last night have played with a confidence I've rarely seen at Viccy Park.  We had a good start last season but by the time the second round of games came other teams had sussed us and we were unable to vary our style.  The three games so far have shown that we can vary style and personnel and get results.  Glad to see the hump up the park is largely gone and there is some attractive neat football being played.

RE: County v United on Saturday! - Despot - 08-13-2020

Gotta keep an eye on Shakland the way they'll have to keep an eye on Stewart.

I see goals in this,

RE: County v United on Saturday! - Brick on the wall - 08-14-2020

It will be interesting to see how Stuart sets up the team for Saturday.

Defensively I wouldn’t see much, if any, change. Although there were two goals against on Wednesday the first came from slack play in midfield and the second was the type that only goes in once in 10 or so attempts.
I suppose however Doohan will need game time or Celtic will be asking questions.

Midfield and attack - I would hope Paton goes straight back in (assuming no injury) at the expense of RCC and the other possible change would be Mullin for Erwin, MacKay, Shaw or maybe Kelly’s first start. Personally I would like to see Ross Stewart leading the line.

Whatever he decides, Stuart has the luxury at the moment of a strong squad to choose from which can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to the game and hoping for a smoother picture this time.

RE: County v United on Saturday! - sting - 08-14-2020

I've been very impressed with the team so far this season and they have been playing with confidence. It is a great feeling that whatever team is played there is so much quality on the bench that we dont really have a best 11.

The defence has looked a lot more solid than in recent seasons and Josh Reid has been a revelation but does seem to tire towards the later part of the games. It was disappointing to see Laidlaw get beat from that angle for the second goal on Wednesday but other than that he has done well.

The only blip for me has been RCC who I am not convinced about and would rather he made way on Saturday for Paton. I dont see too many more changes but was surprised on Wednesday with 4 changes so who knows.
Hopefully Shankland is still not back for United.

Looking forward to the game and hopefully 3 points

RE: County v United on Saturday! - Les Westander - 08-15-2020

"Did you know?
75% of Ross County's league goals this season have been scored by players whose first name is Ross (Ross Stewart 2, Ross Draper 1, Billy Mckay 1)."

Ticklish irrelevance from BBC today.

RE: County v United on Saturday! - Despot - 08-15-2020

Mckay and Paton in for Mullin and RCC.

RE: County v United on Saturday! - Brick on the wall - 08-15-2020

Oh dear bad day at the office

Best forgotten and move on........

RE: County v United on Saturday! - Johnr - 08-15-2020

Team looked heavy legged today, Utd I would say weren't as strong as Killie or Motherwell, so it was a frustrating one to lose to them, but still positives to take, we scored again and created enough to win the game, just wasn't to be. Onwards and upwards.

RE: County v United on Saturday! - frankthetank - 08-16-2020

Disappointingly, we didn't seem as up for it as United. We allowed them to dictate the tempo far too much imo.

Must try/work harder. Also a better plan B is required.