OvertheBridge
County vs Queen of the South - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: County vs Queen of the South (/showthread.php?tid=2248)

Pages: 1 2

County vs Queen of the South - USSR Tycoon - 12-04-2018

Have heard that Stephen Dobbie is injured for this one. Hope it's true.
Very difficult team to play against. Hoping some of our injured are fit again.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - It's Only A Game - 12-04-2018

I'm sure everyone will be hoping /expecting 3 points on Saturday. No reason why we shouldn't win this one. It would be good if Iain Vigurs is fit for this one. We miss him in midfield making some defence splitting passes. I felt the last few games before his injury we were playing him too deep, just in front of the defence, so when he does come back hopefully he'l be playing further up the park. I've been a tad disappointed with Don Cowie since his return. Can't fault him on effort and fitness, but he's far too content on possession and short passing without much end product. His completed pass rate stats will be good though....... Also looking forward to Midge coming back too.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Deas_pie_staggie - 12-04-2018

What u on man. Don is more than earning his wage and there appears to be no pleasing some folk.

With all fit, vigurs and midge back that is some midfield with draper/lyndsey ever present. These guys feeding mackay mullin/stewart/graham what can go wrong.

I think on the stats from the alloa game it was one way footie and could have been a bucket full were it not for the keeper.

Home game on Sat so a win likely

RE: County vs Queen of the South - NVACA - 12-04-2018

Can't wait for this, spend 45 minutes feeling my extremities gradually succumbing to frostbite before a well earned half time pie to remind me what having a core temperature above freezing feels like. Winter games, can't beat em.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Ullapool Staggie - 12-05-2018

Would be handy if Dobbie is out for the match. Have to say it would be harsh to drop Grovo for this, and Draper being back in midfield is wonderful stuff to watch especially last game, bossed it.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Despot - 12-05-2018

Cowie is absolutely spent after 50 minutes in every game- with him and Vigurs there's absolutely no pressing on teams in the second half from midfield which is why we're so easy to be got at by sides that have sussed us out.

However, without Dobbie we should be able to beat Queens. They're decent
but hopefully we've enough to get past them. Our finishing needs to be better than in the Alloa game, mind.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Deke Slayton - 12-06-2018

Score first and preferably score early and the points are in the bag. I enjoy seeing good players so hopefully Dobbie is fit to play and our defenders do their job. COYS

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Savage Henry - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 05:53 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Score first and preferably score early and the points are in the bag. I enjoy seeing good players so hopefully Dobbie is fit to play and our defenders do their job. COYS

He's out for a "few games" according to his manager.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - StuartTaylor - 12-07-2018

P&J - Graham out, Vigurs and Morris doubtful.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - murray aberdeen stagg - 12-07-2018

Chance to go top tomorrow with the Ayr v Dump dwellers game called off. Mon the Staggies.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - frankthetank - 12-08-2018

Yeah, three points and top of the league please.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Despot - 12-08-2018

Would be good if we could win and Morton get something at home to United, give us a little more breathing space.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Les Westander - 12-08-2018

(12-07-2018, 10:41 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: P&J - Graham out, Vigurs and Morris doubtful.

Regrettable but we should be looking for others to rise to the occasion.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - LauchlansLeftBoot - 12-08-2018

Unable to beat a depleted QOTS. We just look totally clueless when sides set out to defend.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - mike_lowrie - 12-08-2018

There were flashes of decent play but nowhere near enough to allow us to win.

Once we scored Queens looked the most likely to score we needed a 2nd goal to kill the game off but were seriously lacking.

Need to up our game if we are going to have any chance next week against Ayr

RE: County vs Queen of the South - cdam - 12-08-2018

Yet another disappointing result. We really should be doing much better with the team we have. No doubt the happy clappers will point to the fact we are second. That is immaterial, we should be playing much better.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Savage Henry - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 06:21 PM)cdam Wrote: Yet another disappointing result. We really should be doing much better with the team we have. No doubt the happy clappers will point to the fact we are second. That is immaterial, we should be playing much better.

Yup. And at some point, the managers are going to have to take responsibility.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - NVACA - 12-08-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:08 PM)NVACA Wrote: Can't wait for this, spend 45 minutes feeling my extremities gradually succumbing to frostbite before a well earned half time pie to remind me what having a core temperature above freezing feels like. Winter games, can't beat em.

Wasn't as cold as I expected tbh.

The amount of rubbish spouted by some of the diddies around me was annoying though, every time a player didn't lump it straight towards their goal they were whinging. We weren't that great but it'd be nice to go 5 mins without vilifying our own players.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - Despot - 12-08-2018

A game we had complete control of that we've somehow thrown away two points with an appalling team effort for their goal as Cowie cheaply gave the ball away, didn't bother getting back into position as Lindsay and Draper went AWOL. No idea how the Queens lad got so much space in the box for what was their only real shot on goal.

RE: County vs Queen of the South - StuartTaylor - 12-08-2018

Their goal looked very avoidable, gifted possession.
SK was raging and gesturing in frustration.

A forgettable game but one that seems familiar, and we will see it again. We struggle to break down teams despite dominating possession.

Positives:
Grivosti looks a prospect. For only his 2nd start looked composed and certainly not out of depth.
Good to see Midge back, we need him and Vigurs back on top form asap.
Haggis Pie.

Big game next week.