OvertheBridge
RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON (/showthread.php?tid=2157)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - staggie2509 - 03-13-2018

Similar to what "Murray Aberdeen Staggie" suggested for the Partick game which was postponed, it would be good if fans would raise their scarves aloft to chants of "County", "County" as the team come out of the tunnel on Saturday - would be great for Kett's and Fergie to see a wash of Navy Blue when they come out of the tunnel.

We''ll start the chants with the drum in the Jail End as they come out - and would be awesome if we could get everyone standing and holding their scarves aloft!

I'll be handing out flyers to catch those not on social media at the match in hope that we can get the atmosphere charged up before KO.....please help by spreading the word!

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - murray aberdeen stagg - 03-13-2018

Good luck for Saturday Kenny. Unfortunately I will not manage up. Was at a Wisla Krakov game on Friday night and they were a passionate set of fans. Scarfs held aloft as the team took the field. They won 3.1 and when they scored the scarfs were whirled above their fans heads. Witnessed VAR aswell ! Ref stopped play and awarded Wisla a pen. Did not see clearly what for. Maybe to much Polish lager! Lol.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - LauchlansLeftBoot - 03-14-2018

Can we lose the whole "scarf day" tag. It's incredibly embarrassing.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Ullapool Staggie - 03-14-2018

Glad some people are making effort to improve the dire atmosphere at the stadium. Hope everyone gets on board! Get the young lads out in force in the jailend as well, what a difference they make.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - It's Only A Game - 03-14-2018

(03-14-2018, 10:08 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Can we lose the whole "scarf day" tag. It's incredibly embarrassing.

What is embarrassing is sitting in a Scottish Premiership stadium surrounded by stony silence other than a bit of noise coming from away fans.

Personally it's not really my thing, but someone makes an effort to do something about it and that's your reaction........

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - staggie2509 - 03-14-2018

I know for some it may not be what we are used to, and I don't like suggesting ways of how we can create an atmosphere, as I know some fans don't like being told how to support our beloved Staggies, but that's not what I'm doing, all I'm trying to do is generate something different on Saturday that will, just maybe, light a fire in the bellies of those coming out of the tunnel....

I'll do anything to help us to three points on Saturday, but as Stevie himself has said in the press today, they can't rely on the supporters to help them - the team needs to find that fire and determination to fight for every ball on Saturday - let's just try and quieten the Hamilton support!

MON THE STAGGIES!

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Deke Slayton - 03-14-2018

Fair play to the youngsters for organising this. Hope it works and it generates a great atmosphere. COYS

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Ross shire buff - 03-14-2018

(03-13-2018, 02:25 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Similar to what "Murray Aberdeen Staggie" suggested for the Partick game which was postponed, it would be good if fans would raise their scarves aloft to chants of "County", "County" as the team come out of the tunnel on Saturday - would be great for Kett's and Fergie to see a wash of Navy Blue when they come out of the tunnel.

We''ll start the chants with the drum in the Jail End as they come out - and would be awesome if we could get everyone standing and holding their scarves aloft!

I'll be handing out flyers to catch those not on social media at the match in hope that we can get the atmosphere charged up before KO.....please help by spreading the word!

I do hope people take it up our section will ,can’t understand anyone who says raising your scarf and shouting out County is embarrassing I MO good idea let’s try it

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - tattiedave - 03-14-2018

(03-14-2018, 03:49 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Fair play to the youngsters for organising this. Hope it works and it generates a great atmosphere. COYS

Kenny a youngster? Brilliant,he is a year older than me haha.
But true,great idea I do love a decent atmosphere at Viccy Park,been missing for a while.
I hope the old Highland Restraint is unshackled on Saturday with this idea.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Fozzie - 03-14-2018

(03-14-2018, 02:22 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I know for some it may not be what we are used to, and I don't like suggesting ways of how we can create an atmosphere, as I know some fans don't like being told how to support our beloved Staggies, but that's not what I'm doing, all I'm trying to do is generate something different on Saturday that will, just maybe, light a fire in the bellies of those coming out of the tunnel....

I'll do anything to help us to three points on Saturday, but as Stevie himself has said in the press today, they can't rely on the supporters to help them - the team needs to find that fire and determination to fight for every ball on Saturday - let's just try and quieten the Hamilton support!

MON THE STAGGIES!
Well done Kenny, good effort as ever! Also think it might help the generation of noise & atmosphere if we let kids in free for the rest of the season, (suitably accompanied, of course..).

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Pete The Jakey - 03-14-2018

Flags, singing, leaping about...knock yourself out.

What I would say, if we lose this we will be relegated.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Brora Boy - 03-14-2018

(03-14-2018, 10:08 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Can we lose the whole "scarf day" tag. It's incredibly embarrassing.

Just what is wrong with demonstrating maximum support for the team when they need it most ?

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - Ross shire buff - 03-15-2018

Cmon Lachy loon cmon cmon baby now twist and shout
You know what that could be a good song to Develope by someone who can do this ,
Anyway I’ll,be up !! Helped into position !! But I’ll shout My lungs out come on Ross County We can do it

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - murray aberdeen stagg - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 11:33 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Cmon Lachy loon  cmon cmon baby now twist and shout  
You know what that could be a good song to   Develope by someone who can do this ,
Anyway  I’ll,be up !! Helped into position !! But I’ll shout   My lungs  out  come on Ross County   We can do it

That's the spirit Buff. Up the staggies.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - frankthetank - 03-15-2018

(03-14-2018, 11:22 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Flags, singing, leaping about...knock yourself out.

What I would say, if we lose this we will be relegated.

^^^^THIS ^^^^

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - staggie2509 - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:06 PM)frankthetank Wrote: ^^^^THIS ^^^^

It's not over until it's mathematically concluded, I still think we are capable at least to scrape into the play-off spot, and I'd fancy us against who we'd come up against with Kett's and Fergie at the helm.

Hamilton are quite far in front of us - around 8 points last time I looked with games in hand, but all the teams around us have tough run-in games to the split! But having said that, I didn't expect Partick to draw with Aberdeen?

We just need to take care of ourselves and not be too concerned with with the others - however, a result on Saturday would be absolutely massive - MON THE STAGGIES - WE CAN DO THIS!

(03-14-2018, 08:38 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Kenny a youngster? Brilliant,he is a year older than me haha.
But true,great idea I do love a decent atmosphere at Viccy Park,been missing for a while.
I hope the old Highland Restraint is unshackled on Saturday with this idea.

It's all in the genes Davie, and malt whiskey and porridge :O))))

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - FilthyStaggie - 03-16-2018

What's the position on cravats?

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - DORTAIN - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 10:17 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: What's the position on cravats?

Usually positioned on the neck?

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - frankthetank - 03-17-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:33 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: It's not over until it's mathematically concluded, I still think we are capable at least to scrape into the play-off spot, and I'd fancy us against who we'd come up against with Kett's and Fergie at the helm.

Hamilton are quite far in front of us - around 8 points last time I looked with games in hand, but all the teams around us have tough run-in games to the split! But having said that, I didn't expect Partick to draw with Aberdeen?

We just need to take care of ourselves and not be too concerned with with the others - however, a result on Saturday would be absolutely massive - MON THE STAGGIES - WE CAN DO THIS!

It's all in the genes Davie, and malt whiskey and porridge :O))))

Malt whisky, Bourbon whiskey.

RE: RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON - StaggiesAwayFromHome - 03-17-2018

Oh dear. Please close this thread before anybody else sees it. "Scarf Day". Please tell me nobody will be doing this today. What is wrong with cheering and clapping? The sight of about 30 people dotted around the stadium twirling their scarfs around for no apparent reason will be...embarrassing, to put it lightly.