OvertheBridge
Sevco away 09/12/17 - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sevco away 09/12/17 (/showthread.php?tid=2103)

Pages: 1 2

Sevco away 09/12/17 - Despot - 12-05-2017

First away game I've missed for a while. Not overly hopefully, especially after they've beaten Aberdeen twice in a row. An improvement on the last time we played them will do me. 

McCarey
Naismith Davies (if fit) Fraser Van Der Weg
JOB
Draper Routis
Gardyne                                            DKD 
Schalk/Curran

McCarey's done nothing wrong, so I figure he'll still be #1 for the game and Schalk's pace could be useful against a pretty slow Rangers centre half pairing.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - jamiepscot - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:33 PM)Despot Wrote: First away game I've missed for a while. Not overly hopefully, especially after they've beaten Aberdeen twice in a row. An improvement on the last time we played them will do me. 

McCarey
Naismith Davies (if fit) Fraser Van Der Weg
JOB
Draper Routis
Gardyne                                            DKD 
Schalk/Curran

McCarey's done nothing wrong, so I figure he'll still be #1 for the game and Schalk's pace could be useful against a pretty slow Rangers centre half pairing.

Eagles showed enough on Saturday to deserve further involvement. Definitely Schalk up front for me.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Despot - 12-05-2017

The worrying thing for me would be Tavernier and whomever plays right midfield doubling up on either Kelly or Van der Weg.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Ullapool Staggie - 12-06-2017

KVDW get Tav quiet last time at ibrox, indact the best performance I’ve seen from him in a County shirt. Would start with Curran up front for this one for his work rate, everyone behind the ball for first half to frustrate rangers (they run out of ideas pretty quick) ibrox isn’t a fortress for them, the crowd are quick to moan nowadays which probably shows when rangers away form is probably better than their home haha. The Schalk on second half to give a bit of pace when they tire! I’ll be delighted with a point

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Savage Henry - 12-06-2017

Given the timing of the substitutions in the development game, I'd be surprised if Dow doesn't start this game.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - the reaper - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 10:54 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Given the timing of the substitutions in the development game, I'd be surprised if Dow doesn't start this game.

I'm starting to form the view that Mr Coyle is working his way through the squad changing the team slightly each week to assess what he has that fits with the way he wants to play.  Dow seems to be a solid, if often, uninspiring player.  There to do a job.  I can only recall him playing on the wing for us and as with Gardyne I suspect he may be more effective playing in behind a striker harrying midfielders and making runs into space.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Despot - 12-06-2017

Recent Dow highlights were: bricking it when attempting to outpace Andy Webster and losing before trying to win the ball back, missing and knocking DKD on his backside.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Midge's Fan Club - 12-07-2017

(12-06-2017, 03:44 PM)Despot Wrote: Recent Dow highlights were: bricking it when attempting to outpace Andy Webster and losing before trying to win the ball back, missing and knocking DKD on his backside.
INSERT GENERIC SUNDAY LEAGUE JOKE HERE

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Despot - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 08:55 AM)Midge Wrote: INSERT GENERIC SUNDAY LEAGUE JOKE HERE

Dow's got a good first touch and puts in a fair shift when in the mood. I'm not sure where he fits in this team at the minute, though.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Strathpefferstaggie - 12-07-2017

(12-06-2017, 10:54 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Given the timing of the substitutions in the development game, I'd be surprised if Dow doesn't start this game.

Dow won’t play because he didn’t last the first half on Tuesday for the Development team

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - dawyckstag - 12-07-2017

So after Storm Caroline we have Storm Derek!!! Wonder what affect this'll have on Sevco as every man and his blue nosed dog had it as certain that McInnes would be in charge on Sat. This could work to our advantage and we'll maybe stop 3 in a row. Cannae wait to read Kris Boyd's take on this latest developement.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - kenthehood - 12-08-2017

safe journey to all that are taking the concomitant risk on the A9 tomorrow

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Deke Slayton - 12-08-2017

Yup, totally agree with Ullapool Staggie. Frustrate them, then hit them with a sucker punch, then backs to the wall defending. Seems simple enough! COYS

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - frankthetank - 12-08-2017

Maybe our authorities will stop the game due to the adverse road conditions for our supporters traveling all that journey.... Na i don't think so either, imagine them giving two hoots about a Ross County supporters well being.

It would be funny if we could get hold of Derek Mcinnes face masks, it would look hilarious if the away end/corner was full of them.

I fancy us for a 1-2 away win, with McCarey saving a late penalty.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - davie - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 02:43 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Maybe our authorities will stop the game due to the adverse road conditions for our supporters traveling all that journey.... Na i don't think so either, imagine them giving two hoots about a Ross County supporters well being.

It would be funny if we could get hold of Derek Mcinnes face masks, it would look hilarious if the away end/corner was full of them.

I fancy us for a 1-2 away win, with McCarey saving a late penalty.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin What an inspired thought !!.....That would be so funny !!

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - wemyss77 - 12-08-2017

The team have made it down at least, past them just North of Perth about 15:00.  The A9 is OK, snow but safe enough, lots of over cautious people siting at 20-30mph though which is not helpful.

Likely no new manager for them now for the game.  We can win this.  Come on....

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - Strathpefferstaggie - 12-08-2017

I think with all that has gone on at Ibrox this week and the fact that we need to get something tomorrow I think we will

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - the reaper - 12-08-2017

It's all down to mental attitude. That's Owen Coyle's job.

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - jamiepscot - 12-09-2017

(12-08-2017, 11:39 PM)the reaper Wrote: It's all down to mental attitude.   That's Owen Coyle's job.

Or the sport psychologist........do we still have one?

RE: Sevco away 09/12/17 - tattiedave - 12-09-2017

On train for my first visit to ibrox. hope their fans are in a bad moodwith the board and the negative vibes work to our advantage.  A draw would be good, as they are s decent team under Murty sometimes