OvertheBridge
Ross County vs Aberdeen - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ross County vs Aberdeen (/showthread.php?tid=2046)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ross County vs Aberdeen - Despot - 08-10-2017

A milepost for where we currently are in the league this season as I still expect Aberdeen to be the second force in Scotland this year.

I wouldn't expect much in terms of changes to the team as we've generally played pretty well so far- possibly Draper or Keillor-Dunn in for Chow if he isn't 100% after coming off against Well?

I'd happily take a draw here, Aberdeen are still a good side, even if McLean appears to be unsettled by persistent transfer links to the zombies.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - the reaper - 08-10-2017

Hopefully the extra time played last night doesn't have too big an impact.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - CraigyStaggie - 08-11-2017

Tough game this one. Aberdeen are my tip for 2nd this year and will give us a good game. Agree... i'd take a draw.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Ross shire buff - 08-11-2017

(08-10-2017, 12:40 PM)Despot Wrote: A milepost for where we currently are in the league this season as I still expect Aberdeen to be the second force in Scotland this year.

I wouldn't expect much in terms of changes to the team as we've generally played pretty well so far- possibly Draper or Keillor-Dunn in for Chow if he isn't 100% after coming off against Well?

I'd happily take a draw here, Aberdeen are still a good side, even if McLean appears to be unsettled by persistent transfer links to the zombies.

!!! Draw !!! We can beat Aberdoom  we are a good team no way accepting we lose or draw ,
If you know you can win 
Then you will 
If you think you can't win then you won't 
If you want to win but think that you can't 
It's almost certain you don't 
Yes Draoer will make a difference no pussy footing about ,he will as to our very good defensive set up this season ,Marcus Fraser is a stand out for me he has come on tremendously. And with Davis taking all in the air ,Draper  covering ground.  Naismith. Actually all defenders doing good work midfield pretty good too ,but we alas need striker goal scorer required !! Mackay !! May be the anserwe  hope so 
Oh Hibs have more chance of finishing second

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - It's Only A Game - 08-11-2017

Looking forward to this. It'll be difficult to get 3 points but there's no reason why we shouldn't. Interesting to see if Draper starts - he'll probably be on the bench.
Davies is good in the air but he was beaten quite easily on the ground for their 2nd goal on Wednesday. That's unfair I know as he's a class player for us. Fraser also playing really well, and with Naismith and Kelly we have a great defence on paper. Plus Foxy of course.

Midfield we now have plenty of players.

Up front is going to be the problem this season. Will we get enough goals ?

I really enjoyed the match on Wednesday. Two equally matched teams playing some good football. Hope tomorrow is as good with the result going our way.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Les Westander - 08-11-2017

Surely O'Brien will take Chow's place.
Otherwise as per Motherwell cup game starting 11.
Expect to use 2 or 3 subs, including Keillor-Dunn.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - USSR Tycoon - 08-11-2017

Draper has to start. We have to improve on the team against Motherwell as they beat us and Aberdeen are much better than them. Also Mackay has to start if fit. Probably drop Routis, although I'm not a fan of Chow. MacKay up front with Scalke would be tasty.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - john@THHP - 08-11-2017

(08-11-2017, 01:18 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Draper has to start. We have to improve on the team against Motherwell  as they beat us and Aberdeen are much better than them. Also Mackay has to start if fit. Probably drop Routis, although I'm not a fan of Chow. MacKay up front with Scalke would be tasty.

I doubt we'll see much of Mckay in the month of August until he's fully fit and had some u20s game time.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Wicky - 08-11-2017

I would like to see Draper and O'Brien in for Chow and Dow.  That is tough on them and Routis would be a more obvious man to drop, but in that advanced midfield position he adds something different when we are attacking, and risks from his sometimes lackadaisical touches are minimised.  

And plenty of skill and guile on the bench to sharpen things up if required.  Hope we can hold on to D K-D until he bulks up a bit.  He would be a natural successor for Midge.

Our defence looks so solid.  Lots of plaudits for Davis and Fraser, but Naismith and Kelly are also really good footballers with instinctive positioning and decision making.  Great to watch.

But before I get too excited, Aberdeen are a good side too. 

And looking forward, I think Curran and Mckay could be as successful as Curran and Boyce.  Tough on Schalk, but he knows the drill.

(08-11-2017, 04:02 PM)john@THHP Wrote: I doubt we'll see much of Mckay in the month of August until he's fully fit and had some u20s game time.

We missed out on Stevie May one hard cookie and very productive striker Aberdoom scored there getting him

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Brown Savoy - 08-11-2017

May has been poor down south - even at Preston when he was fit their manager at the time was reluctant to play him. As stated with so many others this is his grade and he should thrive.

(08-11-2017, 06:52 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: May has been poor down south - even at Preston when he was fit their manager at the time was reluctant to play him.  As stated with so many others this is his grade and he should thrive.

That is insulting to our team and our league We are better than a lot of teams down south ,
dont like that statement mate Scottish football needs boost nit kicked with comments like that

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Briasda - 08-11-2017

Hi to all. Taking my 8 year old to his first County game tomorrow so hopefully a good match. He was taken along to watch the cut n shuts last year by a pals father but ended 0-0 & he was bored rigid. The upside is he wasn't drawn towards them but wanted me to take him to a match with goals .. No pressure !!

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Fozzie - 08-11-2017

From Wednesday's starting eleven, I would hope to see Draper & O'Brien in for Routis & Chow..

I was at Pittodrie on Sunday - I would expect their main striker Maynard to operate in a withdrawn role and look to play in their wide men. Scott Wright is full of confidence on the left-wing and will look to take people on at every opportunity; he and Ryan Christie seem to be on the same wavelength and could be a dangerous combination. Kelly & Dow will have their work cut out with Logan & MacLean on the other side.

We can definitely take something from this game..

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - t3hShmo - 08-12-2017

All this chat of Draper.. but I've not seen any officially signed statement. Will he be registered in time?

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Ullapool Staggie - 08-12-2017

(08-11-2017, 08:01 PM)Briasda Wrote: Hi to all. Taking my 8 year old to his first County game tomorrow so hopefully a good match. He was taken along to watch the cut n shuts last year by a pals father but ended 0-0 & he was bored rigid. The upside is he wasn't drawn towards them but wanted me to take him to a match with goals .. No pressure !!

Great to hear, hope the wee man enjoys it and makes a regular appearance! Younger fans are the future!

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Despot - 08-12-2017

(08-11-2017, 04:06 PM)Wicky Wrote: I would like to see Draper and O'Brien in for Chow and Dow.  That is tough on them and Routis would be a more obvious man to drop, but in that advanced midfield position he adds something different when we are attacking, and risks from his sometimes lackadaisical touches are minimised.  

And plenty of skill and guile on the bench to sharpen things up if required.  Hope we can hold on to D K-D until he bulks up a bit.  He would be a natural successor for Midge.

Our defence looks so solid.  Lots of plaudits for Davis and Fraser, but Naismith and Kelly are also really good footballers with instinctive positioning and decision making.  Great to watch.

But before I get too excited, Aberdeen are a good side too. 

And looking forward, I think Curran and Mckay could be as successful as Curran and Boyce.  Tough on Schalk, but he knows the drill.

The only issue I have with Kelly is that he seems a bit like Kenny when he first came here, isn't seriously slow but doesn't get to full speed quickly and a tricky winger can escape his clutches (Cadden did it a number of times) and he struggles to get back. You just don't see that from Naismith's side, he's so solid.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Skipper's Son - 08-12-2017

Can't make it to game today but obviously want a  home win and it would mean a great week at work for me here in Aberdeen.

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - Savage Henry - 08-12-2017

Interesting lineup. No Kelly or Chow. Curran and Schalk both playing. Only one recognised winger, in Gardyne, and Draper wearing 17. Dow on the bench. Aberdeen's XI absolutely stacked. County will do well to get a point here.

Fox

Naismith
Fraser
Davies ©
Van Der Web

Gardyne
Draper
Lindsay
Routis

Curran
Schalk

Subs: McCarey, Dow, O'Brien, Mikkelsen, Keillor-Dunn, Tumilty, Malcolm

RE: Ross County vs Aberdeen - frankthetank - 08-12-2017

It was a back three of Fraser Davies VDW, Naismith and Gardyne wingbacks.

Disappointing to lose, although probably the better team won but we could/should have had a second goal before ht and had a few chances near the end.

They had more than their share of chances too but we should have scored a second goal.

Jim O'Brien's thunderbolt off the bar, what a ping!