OvertheBridge
Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock (/showthread.php?tid=1413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - staggie2509 - 08-14-2014

OK - so, the pump-fest is over, some tweaking required for Saturday and a noisy support!

I'd go with the following as I think we need to stiffen that midfield and keep things tight untl this team knits together - we were always risking a thumping given the amount of new faces, but hopfully that's it out of the way!

Onwards and Upwards!

-------------------Reguero---------------
------------------------------------------
Fenlon--------Dreesen-----Boyd-----Celcer
---------------------Balk-----------------
De Leeuw----Brittain------Kiss-------Carey
--------------------Arquin----------------

Subs: Jervis, Cardle, Boyce, Quinn, Maatsen, Frempah, Brown

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Rocco's Wheelie Bin - 08-14-2014

Surely De Leeuw has to start? Aside from being arguably our best player, others have said elsewhere he was looking annoyed at being on the bench last night. The last thing we need is him getting disgruntled this early on. He looks fit, and sharp, not sure what the issue is

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - the reaper - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 11:04 AM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Surely De Leeuw has to start? Aside from being arguably our best player, others have said elsewhere he was looking annoyed at being on the bench last night. The last thing we need is him getting disgruntled this early on. He looks fit, and sharp, not sure what the issue is

I recall there was an issue with his knees late on last season. Could there still be a slight problem and he is being used sparingly? Just guessing.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - staggie2509 - 08-14-2014

Apparently he does have a knee issue and that is why he's used sparingly.....maybe need to deploy Arquin as attacking midfielder and play Jervis and Boyce up front...?

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - roth08 - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 01:31 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Apparently he does have a knee issue and that is why he's used sparingly.....maybe need to deploy Arquin as attacking midfielder and play Jervis and Boyce up front...?

If that is the case with MDL how about playing Carey in behind Arquin and Cardle wide.

I still think that Arquin offers more up front - though his cross for the goal on Sunday and other cross field passes were spot on I think he can cause more problems up front. Carey can feed off him or open the space as indeed can Cardle given what i've seen so far.

One of Jervis or Boyce could come on during the game as indeed might Maatsen thought he looked pretty sharp and up for it during pre season.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Les Westander - 08-14-2014

Defending is the bigger concern for me. Positioning and marking went to pot a few times v Partick Thistle.

Not necessarily dropping anyone yet, as then a new set would have to start from scratch with developing team understanding. But we do have Saunders in the wings and some younger talent too.

More hard work on the training ground I think.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - StuartTaylor - 08-14-2014

A week is a long time in football eh?
This time last week we are delighted with the squad, the additions of Kiss and Carey, and everything was rosy.
A few days later we've had 2 defeats including one humping and the stadium offices have been flooded Huh

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - StrathclydeStag - 08-14-2014

Got to be changes for this one surely??

Doubt this team will be named but I would like to see...

............. Reguero .............

Fenlon Frempah Boydy Celcer

................ Balk .................

..... Britain Kiss Carey ....

........ Arquin De Leuww ....

This is a must win IMO in order to get our season going!

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - staggie52 - 08-14-2014

Must wins, Adams out, Butcher in....

This is the third game in the season ffs. Let's get behind the team, support the team and get a grip on reality.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Blinkers - 08-14-2014

Looking for some solid defending, perhaps with the same back 4 to give them some more game time, Dreesen needs to get his head in the game.

Balk in front of them and go with who Del knows is fit and ready as long as we have two up front in some form.

The midfield is perhaps the most important with Richie leading by example to make the solid connection between back and front. Jervis is showing more than I thought he had from pre season, he was unlucky yesterday not to add to his tally.

As long as they show up and play they'll do okay, this is Kilmarnock remember, without Boyd.

Oh. and we get to harangue the gerbil Hamill again!

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Les Westander - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 05:57 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Must wins, Adams out, Butcher in....

This is the third game in the season ffs. Let's get behind the team, support the team and get a grip on reality.

What's reality got to do with anything?

What matters is we've got a gerbil to shout at on Saturday.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - staggie52 - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 08:54 PM)Les Westander Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 05:57 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Must wins, Adams out, Butcher in....

What's reality got to do with anything?

What matters is we've got a gerbil to shout at on Saturday.

That is reality, that's what it's all,aboutSmile

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Lovat staggie - 08-14-2014

Last Sunday Carey was really causing problems down the left and it seemed to be getting more intense ( much to my pleasant surprise I may add ) BUT then Adams put on melvin put him into Carey s role and Carey into the middle am I the only one that thinks this helped the saints? cause Mackay who Carey was up against is not so young now and looked as though he was tiring and Carey was running at him all the time all this stopped when melvin came on

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - the reaper - 08-15-2014

(08-14-2014, 09:45 PM)Lovat staggie Wrote: Last Sunday Carey was really causing problems down the left and it seemed to be getting more intense ( much to my pleasant surprise I may add ) BUT then Adams put on melvin put him into Carey s role and Carey into the middle am I the only one that thinks this helped the saints? cause Mackay who Carey was up against is not so young now and looked as though he was tiring and Carey was running at him all the time all this stopped when melvin came on

It was Cardle who came on to take up Carey's role and Carey moved into midfield. This closed the gap in our left midfield that StJ were exploiting for most of the match. Cardle caused as much grief as Carey was and for my money put more pressure on the defence as he is perhaps better than Carey at sudden changes in direction. Closing down the room in midfield also seemed to be the role for MDL. What did disappoint me was the lack of movement off the ball and when we lost the ball e.g. we only once saw a run into the box being attempted - and it nearly worked. This is a feature of teams like Celtic and it really causes problems. The players on Sunday's evidence have the capability but are they getting the freedom?

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - StuartTaylor - 08-15-2014

I see Killie have signed Ngoo.
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/288471-ex-hearts-loanee-michael-ngoo-signs-two-year-contract-with-kilmarnock/

He gave Boyd a torrid time in that Hearts game.

Perhaps as others have said, Jordi Balk in front of the back 4 would offer more protection. He is after all a centre half.

Perhaps in place of Rocco, and we have to get Melvin in that starting 11 as well.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - staggie2509 - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 03:29 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I see Killie have signed Ngoo.
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/288471-ex-hearts-loanee-michael-ngoo-signs-two-year-contract-with-kilmarnock/

He gave Boyd a torrid time in that Hearts game.

Perhaps as others have said, Jordi Balk in front of the back 4 would offer more protection. He is after all a centre half.

Perhaps in place of Rocco, and we have to get Melvin in that starting 11 as well.

Agreed, was hoping they wouldn't get him before weekend, but hey ho, we'll now have to deal with him.....he was a handful when he played for Hearts!

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Spain - 08-15-2014

For me:

Reguero
Undecided
Fenlon Boyd Frempah Celcer
Sad . Angel . Huh . Sad
Balk
Huh
Brittain Kiss Carey
Cool . Undecided . Cool
de Leeuw
Cool
Arquin
Cool

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - IDW16 - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 04:55 PM)Spain Wrote: For me:

Reguero
Fenlon Boyd Frempah Celcer
Balk
Brittain Kiss Carey
De Leeuw
Arquin

I'd be happy with that lineup; AKA - Won't happen.

And by happy, I mean content.

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - VanderDalgarno - 08-15-2014

McGovern
Miller Boyd Keddie Morrison
Scott Brittain Vigurs
Craig Barrowman Gardyne

RE: Ross County Vs Kilmarnock - Rocco's Wheelie Bin - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 07:10 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: McGovern
Miller Boyd Keddie Morrison
Scott Brittain Vigurs
Craig Barrowman Gardyne

Stop it, you'll bring a tear to my eye *sniff*